Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
Why did the Nation of Israel and the Jews suffer so much?
Friday, January 2, 2004
Scar tissue of the soul, hardness of the heart, is the result of prolonged residence and function inside the cosmic system.
Blackout of the soul is the believer saying no to doctrine, which opens a vacuum in the left lobe that draws in false concepts.
Blackout of the soul then spreads like a disease and results in the right lobe disorder of scar tissue of the soul.
Scar tissue of the soul is that spiritual disorder of involvement in the cosmic system resulting in total loss of momentum, and eventuating in the most awful discipline from God.
2CO 4:3-4 in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving.
2CO 3:14-16 But to this day whenever Moses is read, a veil lies over their right lobe.
ROM 11:7-8 God has given them a spirit of stupor, “Eyes to see not, ears to hear not,” down to this very day.
Blackout of the soul and the hardness of the heart was manifested in the Pharaoh of the Exodus generation, Pharaoh Thutmose III.
ROM 9:17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I raised you up, to demonstrate My power in you, and that My name might be proclaimed throughout the whole earth.”
“God hardened his heart” = God let him live to express his scar tissue of the soul far beyond anyone else had ever done in the past.
God did not coerce Pharaoh’s volition; he was a free agent.
PSA 76:10 for the wrath of man shall praise Thee.
God did not create evil in Pharaoh, but Pharaoh made his own evil through his volition.
1. Stubbornness – EXO 4:21, And the Lord said to Moses, “When you go back to Egypt see that you perform before Pharaoh all the wonders which I have put in your power; but I will harden his heart so that he will not let the people go.”
2. Selfishness – DEU 15:7, If there is a poor man with you, one of your brothers, in any of your towns in your land which the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart, nor close your hand from your poor brother;
3. No respect for the Lord – ISA 63:17, Why, O Lord, dost Thou cause us to stray from Thy ways, And harden our heart from fearing Thee? Return for the sake of Thy servants, the tribes of Thy heritage.
4. Self-destruction – EXO 14:8, And the Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh, king of Egypt, and he chased after the sons of Israel as the sons of Israel were going out boldly.
5. Rebellion – 2CH 36:13, And he also rebelled against King Nebuchadnezzar who had made him swear allegiance by God. But he stiffened his neck and hardened his heart against turning to the Lord God of Israel.
6. Slander and speaking evil – ACT 19:9, But when some were becoming hardened and disobedient, speaking evil of the Way before the multitude, he withdrew from them and took away the disciples, reasoning daily in the school of Tyrannus.
7. Lack of perceptive ability – 2CO 3:14, But their minds were hardened; for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remains unlifted, because it is removed in Christ.
8. Arrogance – NEH 9:29, And admonished them in order to turn them back to Thy law. Yet they acted arrogantly and did not listen to Thy commandments but sinned against Thine ordinances, By which if a man observes them he shall live. And they turned a stubborn shoulder and stiffened their neck, and would not listen.
9. Refusal to receive correction – JER 17:23, Yet they did not listen or incline their ears, but stiffened their necks in order not to listen or take correction.