Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
The love and mercy of God found in prophecy in the end times. Part 4. More prophecy fulfilled in the last days.
Wednesday, August 9, 2006
1. False prophets and false Christs.
5. Future tribulations.
6. He also said the Gospel will be preached throughout the world.
7. The prophecy of two characteristics of the end of the age from the apostle Paul.
a. Godlessness in the last days, 2TI 3:1-5.
b. Apostasy (falling away from the faith).
The fourth kingdom of iron is the Roman empire according to Daniel’s interpretation of King Nebuchadnezzar’s dream.
The two legs are the division of the Roman empire into an eastern portion called the Byzantine empire which ended in the 1400’s and a western portion based in Rome which ended in the 400’s.
The European Union now has over 15 Member States and is preparing for the accession of 13 or more eastern and southern European countries.
9. In the last days there will be the return of the one pure language, Hebrew, to Israel.
ZEP 3:9 “For then I will give to the peoples purified lips, That all of them may call on the name of the Lord, To serve Him shoulder to shoulder.”
10. The rebuilding of the temple and the restoration of temple worship and animal sacrifices in Jerusalem.
11. The appearance of the red heifer after 2000 years. In May 1997 the first Red Heifer was born in 2000 years. Another red Heifer was born in Israel in March of 2002.
12. Increase in knowledge and travel, DAN 12:4.
DAN 12:4 “But as for you, Daniel, conceal these words and seal up the book until the end of time; many will go back and forth, and knowledge will increase.”
Billy Graham – “Ninety percent of all the engineers and scientists who have ever lived are alive today.”
Air travel, space travel, DNA research and human cloning are all examples of the rapid increase in knowledge in our generation.
Bill Gates has resigned his post as Microsoft’s Chief Technology Officer to focus his attention on Education through the “Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.”
13. Return of the Ethiopian Jews to Israel, ZEP 3:8-11.
In 1984, Operation Moses saw the airlift of 15,000 Jews who had already fled to refugee camps in Sudan to escape starvation.
In 1991, Operation Solomon flew 20,000 Jews to Israel from Ethiopia itself. A further airlift began in June of 1999, aimed at transporting the last 3,000 members of the Jewish community from northeastern Ethiopia to Israel.
14. The rise of Russia, EZE 38:2,4,8.
15. There would also be the return of Russian Jews to Israel.
In the 1970’s and 1980’s there was a mass exodus of Russian Jews out of Communist Russia.
In 1999 the Associated Press reported a dramatic increase in the number of Jewish immigrants from Russia, bringing the largest number of Russian Jews to Israel since the early 1990’s.
16. Technology for the mark of the beast, REV 13:16-17.
Each device, made of silicon and called a VeriChip, is a small radio transmitter about the size of a piece of rice that is injected under a person’s skin.
It transmits a unique personal ID number whenever it is within a few feet of a special receiver unit. VeriChip’s maker describes it as “a miniaturized, implantable, radio frequency identification device (RFID) that can be used in a variety of security, emergency and healthcare applications.”
What is significant is that people are being softened to the idea of a mark or an implant as a means of maintaining security, providing medical information, and regulating a more interdependent world.
17. Plans for the one world government.
The United Nations, World Trade Organization, International Criminal Court, UN peacekeeping-police force, and other agencies are preliminary steps to the formation of a one world government.