Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
The next Dispensation: The Tribulation period begins with the Rapture of the Church.
We are not waiting for any prophecies to be fulfilled but we are waiting to get ourselves prepared for what will happen just before the Rapture.
Titus 2:13 looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus;
These principles are in the beginning stage of what is about to happen in the next dispensation which is called the Tribulation period.
The next dispensation which is called the Tribulation period begins with the Resurrection of the Church which we call the Rapture.
The pre-Tribulational view and the post-Tribulational view.
Pre-Tribulational = the Rapture will happen before the Tribulation
Post-Tribulational = the Rapture will happen after the Tribulation period.
Amillennial and Postmillennial view = deny that there is any such thing as a Rapture and does not believe there will be any Rapture of the Church at all.
“Kingdom Now Theology” = once the church cleans up the world then the Millennial Kingdom, the 1,000 years of the Church-age will usher in a world peace.
- Omnipresence – He is always with us.
- Omnipotence – He always provides the power that we need.
- Omniscience – He always has the answers to all of our problems.
Satan and one-third of the angels started to think more highly of themselves and wanted a time to prove their equality with God and with all Three members of the godhead.
The king of Tyre was one the few individuals in human history who was possessed by Satan just like the serpent in the garden and Judas Iscariot who betrayed our Lord.
and say to him, ‘Thus says the Lord God, “You had the seal of perfection, Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
Of all of the creatures to come from the hand of God, Satan was the most beautiful, the wisest, the most personable creature ever created.
Satan was in Adam’s Eden; however, he did not appear there as a minister of God but as an apostate and venomous serpent eager for the ruin of the new creation.
“The workmanship of your settings and sockets refers to the fact that he did not need an instrument of praise to glorify his Creator; he was an instrument of praise.
In the next verse, we pass from the royalty of Satan to his priestly dignity.
He is said to have been the Anointed Cherub that covers by God’s commission.
The holy mountain of God is the place of God’s presence in visible glory.
Satan’s presence on the holy mountain would indicate his enjoyment of the full Cherubic privileges of nearness to the throne of God.
The cherubim were the group of angels related to the throne of God as protectors and defenders of His holiness.
This great angel was created above all angels to be a proctor and defender of the throne of God.
Do not be surprised when you run into someone who is supposed to protect and defend the authority over them but instead attacks it and discredits it, it started with their father the devil.
God placed Lucifer there knowing that he eventually was going to rebel and start a conspiracy against God.
The phrase the abundance of your trade refers to his genius plans and ideas.
Rekullah = slander, it means to go about in order to traffic something against someone, or to slander, or to try and destroy someone’s reputation by trafficking gossip and slander.
These plans are all based upon lies and slander and gossip and maligning.
Slander especially is needed for Satan to lie and secure his allegiance to his program of rebellion and conspiracy against God.
When the Lord says, “I cast you to the ground; I put you before kings, That they may see you [this is future].”
This will all take place before the Millennial reign of Christ and after it as well.
He wants us to see the devastating effects of arrogance and pride.
Arrogance basically has to do with thought while pride has to do with action.
God did not create Satan as we know him today, He created an angel who was perfect in all his ways, and that angel sinned by opposing the will of God.
- Through his rejection of the plan of God and then his rebellion toward God, Satan, as did Adam, became an entirely different being from that which God created.
God originally created angels and man to bless them.
As a part of divine blessing, they must be given a free will or a choice to either accept or reject the offer of God.
Satan rejected God’s offer as did Adam and the woman and therefore became an entirely different being from that which God intended.
- When God creates a creature to fulfill a certain purpose, God gives His creatures everything necessary to fulfill His will.
This is why we have logistical grace, the problem-solving devices and 100% availability of divine power if we desire it.
This is why it is important to identify the purpose for which Satan was created and evaluate the qualities which were his in view of that purpose.
- The reason why God created Satan as a wise and beautiful angel is not so he would have enough power to deceive us but because God originally created Satan to be a protector and defender of the throne of God.
Like many of God’s creatures, Satan used his God-given abilities and his God-given talents to glorify himself rather than God.
Do you use them for the purpose of God’s kingdom, or do you use them for the purpose of self-exaltation?
- By his sin of independence, Satan lost his original holiness and heavenly position but he retained his wisdom and his beauty and he has used his superior qualities to accomplish evil.
His wisdom and his beauty have been perverted into lies, deceptions, snares, and conspiracies.
- Satan’s office was originally to protect the Throne of God and to forbid the approach of any evil or any unrighteousness.
- Like most of God’s creatures, including born again believers, Satan rejected the plan of God for his life and chose his own plans over God’s plans.
- Every time a believer says NO to the PPOG for his life, he is agreeing with the viewpoint of Satan who said NO to the plan of God for his life.
- The unrighteousness found in Satan was the sin of independence and self-exaltation.
Immorality is sin, however, such sins like the sin of independence from the plan of God are the most destructive sins believers can fall into.
The sin of independence says, “It’s not that important for me to learn God’s plan for my life, I’ll do what I feel like doing.”
- Satan is said to have been upon the Holy Mountain of God as the Anointed Cherub that covereth and therefore he was the great High Priest of his realm.
- Satan also was the highest angel and therefore the king over his creation.
Because the devil was the highest-ranking angel in the angelic realm, so he said, “The Lord rebuke you.”