Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
July 11, 2018
The ninth commandment: Exo 20:16 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.”
One of the many blessings of the mature believer is found in JOB 5:21 “You will be hidden from the scourge of the tongue,”
Speaking of those who flatter their victims with lies PSA 5:9 There is nothing reliable in what they say; Their inward part is destruction itself; Their throat is an open grave; They flatter with their tongue.
One of the wisest men in the world said in PRO 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit.
“Your neighbor” does not refer to the person next door but to persons of the same national entity, and might be translated “fellow citizen.”
“Your neighbor recognizes that law must exist in the framework of national entities, and any law that breaks over the boundaries of a national entity is an attack upon freedom.
The United Nations has no legal jurisdiction under God Gen 10:32).
Any time you have a United Nations organization trying to pass or enforce laws, you are witnessing a concept forbidden by the Word of God and actively promoted by Satan.
Satan is always trying to get one individual who ultimately becomes a leader so that he can control each area that God has designed for our blessing and control us by the blessings the Lord has given.
- D.I. #2 Marriage — main problem = lack of submission and respect to her husband so he writes in COL 3:18 Wives, be subject to or submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
- Second, the husband must not become bitter in the marriage but instead love his wife as Christ loved the church — COL 3:19 Husbands, love your wives, and do not be embittered against them.
- Even the children are told in COL 3:20 Children, be obedient to your parents in all things, for this is well‑pleasing to the Lord.
- Parents are address in COL 3:21 Fathers, do not exasperate your children, that they may not lose heart.
- COL 3:22 Slaves [employees], in all things obey those who are your masters [employers] on earth, not with external service, as those who merely please men, but with sincerity of heart, respecting the Lord.
If there is any commandment that really does harm or puts the believers “in harms way” it is commandment #9, Exo 20:16 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.”
ECC 9:10 Whatever your hand finds to do, verily, do it with all your might; — It does not say “slow down working so that you don’t make others look bad. (This is a system of evil).
How can you fulfill COL 3:17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.
Our Lord said that there are six things that He hates and there is a seventh principle that is called an abomination; Pro 6;12-19.
MAT 20:15 ‘Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with what is my own? Or is your eye envious because I am generous?’
“Bearing false witness, lying, gossip, maligning, sowing discord, etc. have destroyed many of those areas I mentioned so far.
Satan is the author of internationalism. God has ordained the principle of national entities for the protection of human freedom (Acts 17:26).
Every nation must have its own law with its jurisdiction limited to that national entity only.
“Thou shalt not bear false witness” means “to answer as a false witness,” “to give testimony under law.”
The principle of objectivity in law demands that a person is innocent until proven guilty.
The person must be demonstrated guilty through proper laws of evidence furnished through accurate testimony in court not by hearsay.
Evidence is gathered through testimony, and that testimony must be proved.
Correct administration of law demands truthful evidence, and evidence demands truth upon which to make a judgment.
This commandment would read: “Thou shalt not answer (in a court of law) against your fellow citizens as a false witness.”
When Law is based on Biblical principles it does not encroach upon freedom; it preserves freedom.
Many of our laws today are an encroachment upon freedom and privacy rather than the protection of them, which again points out the intensity of the angelic conflict in our nation.
The interpretation is “Thou shalt not answer (in a court of law) against your fellow citizens as a false witness.”
- Emotional sins – fear, worry and anxiety. Sins related to hatred, which includes anger, violence, and murder. Sins related to self‑pity, and sins related to guilt.
- MAS – arrogance, pride, jealousy, implacability, bitterness, vindictiveness, inordinate ambition and inordinate competition, all motivational sins, and sinful thoughts.
- The third category are the verbal sins. Verbal sins include gossip, maligning, slander, judging, lying, and verbal deception.
- The fourth category is overt sins. They include chemical sins, sexual sins, criminal sins.
All verbal sins originate from mental attitude sins which lead to motivational sins, Which lead to the sins of the tongue, which are designed to destroy your life.
Psa 12:2 “They speak emptiness one to another with flattering lips; and with a double standard they speak.”
The “emptiness” here is gossip, slander, maligning, judging from self‑righteous arrogance; hence, the conversation of the believer involved in legalism and immoral degeneracy.
The legalism of self‑righteous arrogance has rejected the grace standards of doctrine.
The tongue is used to flatter those you are trying to persuade with regard to your slander, while at the same time slandering someone else.
Self‑righteousness sets up a double standard of self‑vindication on the one hand, while judging and maligning on the other hand.
- Flattery and hypocrisy toward those that you are speaking evil to.
2. The gossip and maligning that you do toward the one that you are speaking evil against.
The double standard also means that in arrogance the carnal believer ignores his own sins, while slandering, maligning, and judging the sins of others.
- Through subjective arrogance by creating a role‑model and then destroying it through gossip, slander, maligning, and judging.
- He becomes a distraction to others through the function of legalism. By the slander, maligning, and judging of another believer, the self‑righteous arrogance does not vindicate self, but condemns self, without knowing it.
A key word used by the self‑righteous arrogant believer is “duty, or ”
The self‑righteous Pharisees thought it was “their duty” to destroy the perfect son of God.
The legalistic judaizers also thought it was “their duty” to discredit the grace ministry of the apostle Paul and stone him.
The blindness of arrogance is that you are committing the worst of sins when you malign, slander, or judge someone else of committing some sin.
The self‑righteous arrogance of the evil believer assumes the prerogative of replacing our Lord Jesus Christ as the Presiding Judge of the Supreme Court of Heaven.
Legalism judges the sins of other believers, real or imagined, which are different from his own sins.
Respectability for maligning others is one of the most evil functions in the Christian Way of Life.
Prin: It is a double standard of arrogance to judge, slander, malign, condemn the sins of others, while at the same time being blind to or ignoring your own sins.
In the slander, maligning, and judging of other believers, the self‑righteous arrogant believer is not vindicating himself, but he is actually condemning himself.
Those with such self‑vindication and self‑righteousness regards it as their duty to gossip, slander, malign, and judge others.
It is the responsibility of believers to self‑evaluate or judge his own life in the light of the standards of Bible doctrine.
Grace‑righteousness and self‑righteousness are mutually exclusive.
Grace‑righteousness avoids verbal sins.
The evaluation of our lives is the responsibility of our Lord.
In the case of criminality, that responsibility has been delegated by our Lord to government.
Regarding another believer with contempt indicates a tremendous function of arrogance in your life.
You do not know the exact stage of that believer’s spiritual growth.