Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
Not recognizing or knowing yourself according to the flesh, but according to the new creature.
Friday, October 30, 2009
two of the most startling words in the New Testament.
It does not mean simply that you have been renovated, fixed up or repaired.
It means you have been created a new creature.
EPH 4:8, “When He ascended on high,”
Upon arrival in the Third Heaven, our Lord was seated at the right hand of God the Father; this is known as the doctrine of the session.
MAT 22:44, The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, Until I put Thine enemies beneath Thy feet.”
1. His Divine royalty title:
He is the Son of God and His royal family is God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.
2. His Jewish royalty title: Son of David and His royal family is made up of Jews, the new racial species as well as Gentile believers before Abraham.
In His third royalty, the Battlefield royalty title: “King of kings, Lord of Lords; the Bright Morning Star,” He had no accompanying royal family, therefore, the Church-age was inserted for the calling out of a royal family.
used for the Church means the called-out ones.
It is used for all the believers in the Church Age composed of all members of the royal family of God, Age, EPH 1:22-23; EPH 5:25-27; COL 1:17-18.
a. The royalty of His deity, by virtue of the fact that He is eternal and infinite God.
b. The royalty of His humanity, by virtue of the virgin birth, Incarnation and First Advent.
c. The royalty of His Hypostatic Union, by virtue of His empowerment from God the Holy Spirit resulting His strategic victory at the Cross.
By living in the PPOG for His life, our Lord was qualified by impeccability to go to the Cross and be judged for our sins.
It was followed by His resurrection, ascension and session at the right hand of the Father.
The Cross was the greatest battlefield in history!
GAL 6:15, For neither is circumcision anything [Jewish race], nor uncircumcision [Gentile race]; but a new creation or a new spiritual species.
The new racial species [the Jew] has been replaced in the Church-age by the new spiritual species [both Jews and Gentiles].
2CO 5:17, Therefore, if anyone [Church-age believer] is in Christ [and they are], he is a new creature or new spiritual species
the old things [position in Adam, spiritual death] have passed away or lost their power; behold, new things have come [the invisible assets plus the PPOG].
brand new, not renovated, fixed up or repaired.
You cannot apply the principles from the Old Testament in the Mosaic Law to the spiritual life as pioneered by TLJC in the New Testament.
MAT 9:17 a worse tear results,
Tear is the Greek noun schism which means a split, a tear, a division, a schism.
schism used in MAT 9:19 and in MAR 2:21 for the irreconcilable differences existing between Christianity and Judaism.
If someone attempts to repair a torn garment with a new piece of cloth that has not been shrunk beforehand, the tear on the old garment will only get worse and tear more.
When you apply human solutions to the problems of life, you only make the problems worse.
Fasting while Christ is present is just as incompatible as an unshrunk piece of material sewed on an old garment or a well worn garment.
But they put new wine in new wineskin and both are preserved
means that when you feed the new creature with the metabolization of doctrine, you are putting new wine into new wineskin.
When you put new wine into new wine skins, both your very own spiritual life (new wine) and the new creature (new wineskin) are preserved.
The new wine is your very own spiritual life; the new wineskin is the new creature filled with metabolized doctrine.
New wine and the new leather bag or wineskin are compatible together. The old wineskin has already been expanded and stretched to the limit and if you fill that with new wine it will not be able to stand the chemical agitation that happens with fermentation.
When you try to apply things from the Mosaic Law to the system of grace, you destroy the integrity of grace in your life and the integrity of the Law.
This is a reference to the old garment of our sinful, selfish old sin nature which cannot be mended or repaired.
TLJC excludes any repair work on the old man.
It must be regeneration, or the production of a new creature.
This is why when the new power and gifts of the Spirit were given on the day of Pentecost, they are likened unto new wine, ACT 2:13.
The new wine represents the inner aspect of the new spiritual species, the new clothe illustrates the outward life and manifestation of the new creature.
1. The new creature or a new spiritual species can only be put on through the metabolization of Bible doctrine,COL 3:10.
2. Putting on the armor of light is a reference to putting on the new creature or the new spiritual species for divine guidance, ROM 13:12.
Light is used for the principle of divine guidance as you are walking in the light
3. Putting on the new creature or the new spiritual species is the best way to make no provision for the old creature,
4. Putting on the new creature or the new spiritual species is equivalent to putting on the armor of God to handle spiritual warfare
5. Putting on the new creature or the new spiritual species is the only way you can combat satanic accusations made against you concerning your experiential imperfection.
6. Putting on the new creature or the new spiritual species mans a total change in the mental attitude of your soul (COL 3:12).
7. Putting on the new creature or the new spiritual species is the only way that you can operate in impersonal unconditional love properly (COL 3:14).
8. Putting on the new creature or the new spiritual species is equivalent to putting on the protection of Bible doctrine, impersonal love and spiritual self-esteem (1TH 5:8).
1TH 5:8, But since we are of the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of doctrine and impersonal love, and as a helmet, the confidence [S.S.E.] of our salvation.
MAR 1:27, And they were all amazed, so that they debated among themselves, saying, “What is this? A new doctrine with authority!”