Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
How To Overcome, Handle and Respond to Persecution As Believers In The Lord Jesus Christ?
To be back behind this pulpit and to be able to face all of you face to face is a fine testimony to the grace and mercy of God.
There is a little cynical button that goes on within some people like a red alert system where I just am drawn into the debate.
Try and settle down and relax as I get ready to quote certain passages that destroys the false doctrine that is made up of man-made attacks.
DEU 32:4 "The Rock! His work is perfect, For all His ways are just; A God of faithfulness and without injustice, Righteous and upright is He.
1CO 10:4 and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was Christ.
DEU 32:4 "The Rock! His work is perfect.
The Rock refers to Jesus Christ and whatever He does is perfect.
God also created the man or Adam and He built the woman for the man.
The woman came from the man’s rib and she was built for the man and taken to Him……and, all of this came from the perfection of God and the love of God.
The man was created first, and then the woman came from the man’s rib and they were both placed in a perfect environment as two perfect people.
Every time God does something, it is always done with perfection, righteousness, justice, but most of all, love.
ACT 20:28 "Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.
The great commission is found in MAT 28:19-20, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
MAT 28:20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. (times of the Gentiles)."
- "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations;
- Baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit (as a teaching aid of the Baptism of the Spirit),
- Teaching them to observe the mystery doctrine of the Church-age.
- Instructing them to know and learn the New Commandments;
- Teaching them all that the Lord commanded them;
- Reveal to them that the Lord is omnipresent and with them always, even to the end of the age. (times of the Gentiles)."
- The Doctrine of Unity.
- The Doctrine of Impersonal Love.
- The Doctrine of Grace Orientation.
- The Doctrine of the problem-solving devices.
5 The Doctrine of the Protocol of God.
- The Doctrine of Forgiveness.
- The Doctrine of Picking up your own cross.
MAT 7:12 "Therefore, however you want people to treat you, treat them in that same way.
Never forget the importance of what the Bible says concerning our treatment to others as a reflection of our treatment to our Lord; Mat 25:40.
Mat 25:40 "Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'
The judgments that we make toward others even if it means taken wrong rather than right for the sake of reconciliation.
ROM 14:4 Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and stand he will, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
ROM 14:10 But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of God.
The Ultimate goal that we should all have together; Joh 13:34-35.
- In Mat 5 beginning with vs 10, TLJC taught that the believer would face persecution.
- TLJC also taught that our identification with Him guarantees a measure of suffering and persecution.
- Even though God wills His highest and best for us that we would have problems with members of our family.
- In Mark 13:9-13, TLJC warned His followers about the fact that they would have to face Abuse and mistreatment.
- In Luk 6:22,TLJC said that believers would be hated and ostracized because of their identification with Him.
Luk 6:22 "Blessed are you when men hate you, and ostracize you, and cast insults at you, and spurn your name as evil, for the sake of the Son of Man.
- He also taught that believers who are living in truth would be spoken evil of, Luk 6:26.
- Believers are also warned that parents, family members and friends will betray them, Luk 21:16.
- In the gospel of John, Joh 15:18-21, TLJC warned us about the world hating us if we live in the PPOG.
- TLJC even warned us that attacks would even come from those who think that they are doing the work of God, Joh 16:1-4.
- TLJC also warned us that we would have tribulations and difficulties in this life, Joh 16:33.
- The early church considered it a privilege to suffer shame for the Lord, Act 5:41.
- The apostle Paul taught the early church that it is through suffering and tribulations that we enter the eternal kingdom of God, Act 14:22.
Act 14:22 strengthening the souls of the disciples, encouraging them to continue in the faith, and saying, "through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God."
- God the Holy Spirit warned the apostle Paul that suffering was waiting for him wherever he went, Act 20:23.
- The apostle Paul informed us that if we suffer with the Lord we would be glorified with him, Rom 8:17-18.
Paul said in the book of Galatians that we would have burdens, Gal 6:2, bear one another's burdens, and thus fulfill the law of Christ.
The apostle Paul mentions the principle of suffering, Eph 3:13 Therefore I ask you not to lose heart at my tribulations on your behalf, for they are your glory.
Paul says, Phi 1:29 for to you it has been granted for Christ's sake, not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for His sake,
Col 1:24 Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I do my share on behalf of his body (which is the church) in filling up that which is lacking in Christ's afflictions.
In 1Th 1:6 You also became imitators of us and of the Lord, having received the word in much tribulation with the joy of the Holy Spirit.
In 2Th 1:4 Therefore, we ourselves speak proudly of you among the churches of God for your perseverance and faith in the midst of all your persecutions and afflictions which you endure.
1Ti 4:10 For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.
2Ti 2:3 Suffer hardship with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.
In Tit 3:14, Paul states that the Christian would have pressing needs, and let our people also learn to engage in good deeds to meet pressing needs, that they may not be unfruitful.
In Phm 1:13, Paul talks about his imprisonment, whom I wished to keep with me, that in your behalf he might minister to me in my imprisonment for the gospel;
In Heb 5:8, "Although he was the son [God‑man], he learned obedience from the things which he suffered."
Jas 1:2‑4, "Consider it all happiness, my brethren [Royal Family], when you encounter various testings knowing that the testing of your doctrine produces steadfastness.
and let steadfastness have its perfect result that you may be mature and complete lacking nothing.
1Pe 4:1 Therefore, since Christ has suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same purpose, because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,
In 2Pe 2:2 - Peter tells us that the way of doctrine will be maligned and attacked, and many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of the truth will be maligned;
In 1Jo 3:13, the apostle John says, “Do not be surprised, brethren, if the world hates you.
In 2Jo 1:8, Watch yourselves, that you might not lose what we have accomplished, but that you may receive a full reward.
In 3Jo 1:10 John says that Diotrephes unjustly accuses us with wicked words.
In Jud 1:3 I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you "contend earnestly" for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.
In Rev 2:9, TLJC says to the church, at Smyrna, 'I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich).
Rev 2:10 'Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to cast some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days.