Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
The period of the Patriarchs: Meet Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
The first one began in the third phase of first Theocentric dispensation which is the Period of the Patriarchs.
The dispensation of the Gentiles is broken down into 3 phases:
1. P1 - The Period of Positive Volition.
2. P2 - The Period of Negative Volition.
3. P3 - The Period of the Patriarchs.
This is really the period of the Jewish patriarchs and was a transitional period which began with the supernatural birth of the Jewish race, from which would emerge supernaturally the Dispensation of Israel, as a nation of Jewish descent.
In this period, the Period of the Patriarchs, God established the Jewish race through Abraham. In the next Theocentric dispensation, the Age of Israel, God would establish the Jewish nation through Moses.
PHI 3:1 On the one hand, to be writing the same doctrines to you is not troublesome to me, while on the other hand, it [repetition] is a safeguard [or how to inculcate you soul with doctrine] for you.
1. Israel was added as the new racial species.
The church was added as the new spiritual species.
2. Israel came from the procreation of the first Adam, all the way down to Abram and Sarah. The Church came from the last Adam, TLJC, as He perpetuated the great power experiment of the hypostatic union into the Church-age, His Bride demanding a new spiritual species for the utilization of all divine power.
3. The new spiritual species originates from regeneration and the mechanics of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.
4. The new racial species of Israel had to be perpetuated through procreation, while in the Church-age the new spiritual species of the Royal Family of God is perpetuated through the baptism of the Spirit at the point of regeneration or salvation.
5. In both cases, a birth was involved, the birth of Isaac to Abraham and Sarah, being born again through regeneration and the baptism of the Spirit, to all members of the Church-age, the RFOG.
In this period or era of the Theocentric dispensation of the Gentiles, circumcision was the ritual of confirmation and acknowledgment of the divine covenant required of Abraham and his descendants.
As a result, Abraham’s obedience demonstrated his spiritually mature confidence in God’s promises.
Even though in GEN 12:13-19, Abraham willfully lies to deceive the Pharaoh and protect his own life, Abraham’s eventual obedience demonstrated his mature confidence in the promises and the character and nature of God.
PRO 24:16 For a righteous man falls seven times, and rises again, But the wicked stumble in time of calamity.
The father of our faith, Abraham the friend of God, failed in the exact same area again, Gen 20.
The Jews were to be like their founding father Abraham, a unique demonstration of God’s glory among all the nations of the earth.
In GEN 26:7, he committed the same sin as his father Abraham; he lived in fear of losing his life, and therefore he willfully lied and told the men of Gerah that Rebekah was not his wife but his sister.
The real problem is that people are looking for an excuse not to be dedicated and devoted to God, and therefore the failures of other believers become a convenient cop-out.
In GEN 25:31-33, he was naturally crafty and sly and stole the birthright from his brother Esau.
In GEN 27:18-29, we have a record of his master deception over his father Isaac, and yet God was faithful to him.
The Lord changed his name to Israel, which means a prince with God; however, when the Lord appears in the O.T. He says, “I am the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”
He reaped the result of his own negative decisions and he was disciplined by affliction, and yet in the N.T. he is called a man of doctrine - HEB 11:21.
The Jewish race, therefore, is spiritual in origin, descending from Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, each of whom was a believer in the Messiah, the Lord Jesus Christ, GEN 15:6.