Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
The primary reason for the Arab attack against Israel.
Friday, February 15, 2002
Covenant - beriyth = an unconditional covenant or agreement between God as party of the first part in favor of Abraham and his progeny as party of the second part.
The source of this blessing to Abraham and his descendants is the justice of God.
Its one thing to be in the covenant (via salvation and rebound); its another thing to know and understand the covenant (spiritual maturity).
Surah 5:21 "O my people! Enter the holy land which Allah hath assigned unto you, and turn not back disgracefully, for then you will be overthrown, to your own ruin."
Surah 5:49 - it is Allahs wish to scourge them for their sins.
3. Abrahamic covenant - a great nation should come from him, GEN 12:2, the Koran says that is not true, Surah 2:124.
4. Abrahamic covenant - Abrahams name shall be great, GEN 12:2; the Koran says Muhammads name shall be great, Surah 48:29.
5. Abraham should be a blessing so great that in him shall all families of the earth be blessed, GEN 12:3; the Hadith - it is through Muhammad that the families on the earth shall be blessed.
6. Abrahamic covenant - to him personally and to his seed should be given Palestine forever to inherit, GEN 13:14-17; the Koran disagrees, Surah 2:113.
7. Abrahamic covenant - his seed should be as the dust of the earth, GEN 13:16. The Koran disagrees, Surah 4:46.
8. Abrahamic covenant - whosever blessed him should be blessed and whosever cursed him should be cursed,GEN 12:3; the Koran disagrees.
9. Abrahamic covenant - Abram should be the father of many nations, GEN 17:4; the Koran denies that, Surah 2:124.
10. Abrahamic covenant - kings should proceed from him, GEN 17:6.
11. The covenant shall be perpetual - "an everlasting covenant," GEN 17:7.
12. The land of Canaan shall be "an everlasting possession," GEN 17:8.
Certain individual promises were given to Abraham, to Israel, and to nations that Abraham would become associated with.
God made a covenant with Noah, GEN 9:9-17; the promise is that there will never again be a universal judgment of the earth, like the flood.
Of the four races in the world, three came from the Noahic covenant, the descendants of Shem (Semitic), descendants of Ham (Hamatic), descendants of Japheth (Japhetic).
Although Abraham will become a Jew, he has eight sons, and only one of them will be a Jew.
Ishmael continues to be an Arcadian but will become the father of a new national entity, the Arabs.
There is a second son, Isaac.
There were six bastard sons by Ketorah and they will form up Arabic races, GEN 25:2.
GEN 25:9 Then his sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him.
1CH 1:28 The sons of Abraham were Isaac and Ishmael.
Abrahamic covenant;, Palestinian covenant; Mosaic covenant Davidic covenant; New covenant.
All of these covenants are related to the first covenant or promise made by God, the Edenic covenant, GEN 3:15.
Noahic covenant - GEN 8:21-9:17, the seed of the woman will come through the line of Noah, the line of Seth, the Semitic line.
Abrahamic covenant - the seed of the woman, the humanity of Christ, will come through the line of Abrahams descent.
Palestinian covenant - the real estate blessing guarantees that one day the seed of the woman, The Lord Jesus Christ, will rule a certain portion of land in the Middle East for 1,000 years and forever.
Davidic covenant - the seed of the woman, the humanity of Christ, will come through the line of David and sit on the throne of David.
New covenant - the seed of the woman will return to the earth to reign for 1,000 years; at that time the nation Israel will be restored and the covenants to Israel will all be fulfilled.
Turn to GEN 17:1
establish - Qal imperfect = nathan = to give, to graciously give the covenant that the Lord previously promised.
"That I may give my covenant previously promised between me and you."
Salvation is an instant adjustment; we believe in Christ, a non-meritorious function of perception.
Instant adjustment to the justice of God = we merely believe, and the justice of God is free to give to us at least 40 things immediately.
You never thoroughly understand grace until you understand the source of grace, divine justice.
Love is only the motivation of grace; the actual function of grace is divine justice. Turn to 1Joh 1: 9
Prayers for the dead began about A.D. 300.
The sale of indulgences came in around 1190.
Confession of sins to a priest instead of God was instituted by pope Innocent III, 1215.
Ash Wednesday, the forty day Lent period, the holy week, Palm Sunday = mans works and doing penance and the Lord will not accept that.
Grace Bible Church All Rights Reserved Robert R. McLaughlin 2002