Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
The privileges that all Church-Age believers have in the Abrahamic Covenant which is not just for the Jews.
Tuesday, March 26, 2002
“You shall become a father of many nations,” = Gentile nations, not the Jewish nation, which will be a new race in Abrams time, but not a new nation for nearly five hundred years.
Abrahams justification came when there was no Law, or circumcision in effect.
Abram is the pattern of eternal salvation, or the adjustment to the justice of God at salvation.
Abram saw himself; he saw the cross in the future; he saw his own sins being judged by Christ.
LIBRA, the Scales depicts the Redeemers atoning work.
CAPRICORNUS, the Sea goat - the goat of Atonement slain for the Redeemed.
PISCES, the Fishes - the Redeemed blessed though bound; he was Redeemed in their bondage and affliction.
ARIES, the Ram or Lamb - the Lamb that was slain, prepared for the victory.
Abraham = the father of us all because he believed in Jehovah.
GEN 15:6 Then he believed in the Lord; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.
2. Abraham is called the Father of circumcision, ROM 4:12.
Abram is the source, or the originator of the new race of Jews, his title for the beginning of a new race, for the new race began at the moment he received circumcision.
This demonstrates the adjustment to the justice of God, but this time at the point of spiritual maturity and his ultra supergrace status.
It refers to Abrams ultra supergrace sexual prosperity through which he became the father of many Gentile nations through the six sons of Keturah.
When God blesses the mature believer who adjusts to the justice of God, there is also blessing for others associated with him, and great historical impact.
a. As a sanitary function for the Egyptians.
b. As a tribal mark for the Africans.
c. As a rite to celebrate the “coming of age,” natives of the South Seas.
d. As a substitute for human sacrifice by removing a portion of the anatomy as a vicarious sacrifice.
e. As a sacramental offering to idols to gain the help of the gods in the perpetuation of a tribe, family, or race.
Jewish women are not circumcised under this ritual - Abram at the point of circumcision became a new race, so by association Sarah became the mother of the new race.
It was the man who went all the way to ultra supergrace.
One person reaching maximum spiritual adulthood, becomes the basis of blessing for all of those around him.
1. The believer is blessed by association with a supergrace leader in business, military, athletics, marriage, pastor.
2. The believer is cursed by association with a reversionist, even if the believer is a supergrace believer; example, Jonathan.
4. The believer wrongly associates disaster with past sins, PSA 40:12.
5. Rebound is the believer associating his sins with their judgment on the cross, 1JO 1:9.
6. The believer is influenced by sexual association.
7. Social association - a believer can be influenced for evil or for good by the company he keeps. 1CO 15:33“Evil companions corrupt good morals.”
8. Guilt by association - the innocent suffer because of their association with the guilty.
Many people profit from the mature believers adjustment to the justice of God.
Robert R. McLaughlin All Rights Reserved 2002