Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
WednesdayMay 27, 2015
DAN 9:24 "Seventy weeks or 490 years have been decreed for your people [Israel] and your holy city [Jerusalem],
1) to finish the transgression referring to the entire OSN, including the good that it produces.
2) "to make an end of sin" = dealing with the main problem of man's sin which is his sin of unbelief.
3) "to make atonement for iniquity" which is to pay the price for the results of our sins, especially the ones that produced guilt and condemnation for breaking the rules of the land called iniquities as found in the Ten Commandments.
4) "to bring in everlasting righteousness," which refers to the coming of the Millennial reign.
5) "to seal up vision and prophecy" referring to revealing all of the dreams, visions and prophecies given in the OT and the end times.
6) "to anoint the most holy place"
Now, this actually refers to a time when God will indwell the Jewish people again, which He did in the past, but it was not a permanent indwelling.
The difference between the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in the OT and the indwelling of the HS in the NT. One is called enablement the other is called the enduement.
Enduement is defined as the divine endowment of the power of God the Holy Spirit to certain Old Testament believers.
As Church-age believers, have the enabling power of God the Holy Spirit given to us all under the principle of E-P and E-O.
In every dispensation all believers are saved exactly the same way, - faith alone in Christ alone.
God the Holy Spirit did not fill the Old Testament believers as He does for the NT believers, where He gives us all the same power.
This means that today, you have more power of the HS as an ordinary believer in the Church Age than the greatest believers of time in the Old Testament.
Every human being has equal opportunity for salvation and every believer has equal opportunity to execute God's plan for a specific dispensation.
The spiritual life of the Church Age is based on the principle that every human being must take the responsibility for their own decisions.
You begin your spiritual life with the filling of the Spirit at the moment of salvation.
The only way you recover the filling of the Spirit and the resumption of your spiritual life is through the use of your volition to name, cite, or acknowledge your sins to God.
The difference between the enablement and the enduement is that one you could lose, the other you could never lose in spite of what you did.
PSA 51:11, Do not cast me away from Thy presence, And do not take Thy Holy Spirit from me.
EPH 4:30, And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
The last eight chapters of the Book of Ezekiel speak of God's dealing with Israel by fulfilling the six-fold purpose of Gabriel's vision to Daniel.
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. (That's the baptism with the Holy Spirit but not like ours.
The Anointing of the most holy place deals not so much with the literal meaning but really the spiritual meaning.
Rather than focusing on the literal meaning of the most holy place which has to do with the fact the there will come a time when the
Temple for the Jews will be restored - the spiritual application of what this means for us, as believers in the Church-Age.
There are two signs of divine blessing on the Church-Age believer:a. The first is the sealing ministry of the Holy Spirit.b. The indwelling of the person of Jesus Christ.
The indwelling of Christ as the Shekinah glory is one of the two major guarantees that God has provided for you your very own "pre-designed plan" or the believer's "escrow account."
1) We will study the prophecies of the indwelling of Christ JOH 14:19-20.
2) We will note the verification of the indwelling of Christ in our Lord's prayer for the church in three verses inJOH 17:22-26.
3) We will study the indwelling of Christ as related to the pre-designed plan of God for the Church-Age and at the same time how that elates to our escrow account.
4) We will study the indwelling of Christ as related to the indwelling of the Holy Spirit; ROM 8:9-11; 1JO 3:23-24;2CO 6:16.
5) We will study the indwelling of Christ related to the baptism of the Spirit in GAL 2:20.
6) We will study the doctrine of Jesus Christ as the indwelling of Christ as a test of doctrine; 2CO 13:2-6.
a. The Holy Spirit indwells the body of the believer at the moment of salvation to provide the divine power to offset the continued presence of the old sin nature.
b.The Holy Spirit indwells the body of the believer also as a sign of the Royal family status, which is superior to being in the family of God, as believers in past dispensations were.
c. The primary objective of the indwelling of Holy Spirit is to provide divine energy or power to execute the Christian way of life.
1) The works of the flesh shall not be fulfilled. GAL 5:16, But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.
PSA 62:9, "Men of low degree are only vanity, and men of rank are a lie; In the balances they go up; They are together lighter than breath."
This supposed sequence in character-building is said to be simply that thoughts determine acts, acts determine character, and character determines destiny.
Notice that we are "being saved" which is a pres-pass-part, sozomenois meaning to be delivered, and in the present tense it speaks of an action that is happening habitually.
ROM 10:2-3, For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge. For not knowing about God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.
Dr. Scofield said "Christian character is not mere moral or legal correctness but the possession and manifestation of nine graces: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance.
This character is possible because of the believer's vital union to Christ (JOH 15:5; 1CO 12:12-13), and is the fruit of the Spirit in those
believers who have learned to rely on the indwelling power of God the Holy Spirit, (GAL 5:22-23).
The word for fruit is the nominative singular masculine noun "karpos" meaning production and it is in the singular revealing the fact that
God the Holy Spirit has to develop in us all nine of the characteristics which are about to be mentioned.
"of the Spirit" is "tou plus the ablative of source Pneumatos referring to God the Holy Spirit.
The pres-act-ind of eimi which is estin means that "it keeps on being"
The nominative singular feminine noun "agape" translated of course love.
This means that our mental attitude must be cleansed and free from mental attitude sins which cause us not to concentrate and keeps us from perception, metabolization and application of Bible doctrine.
Agape loves is a mental attitude love which manifests itself through thoughtfulness of others, good manners, being relaxed around others and avoiding the sins of the tongue.
Doctrine gives integrity, concentration, the royal family honor code, spirituality, stability, which all in effect add up to genuine love.
Agape love is also unconditional.
Agape love contains built-in virtue and therefore has capacity for true love in friendship, romance, marriage, and all other human interaction.
You will know that God the Holy Spirit has produced this love in you when you can handle being the victim of others' mental attitude sins.
The love that God the Holy Spirit produces in our life is based entirely upon our spiritual integrity, upon the Royal family honor code, upon the execution of the PPOG, upon consistent perception and metabolization of Bible doctrine resulting in integrity.
1. Agape love is that problem solving device of Christianity which is defined as unconditional love toward all mankind.
2. Being impersonal, agape love emphasizes the virtue of the subject rather than attraction to an object or rapport with an object.
3. Agape love toward all mankind is the ultimate expression of virtue.
4. Agape love for all mankind is therefore the ultimate expression of virtue, humility, objectivity, and is the basis for being receptive to Bible doctrine, which is the basis for growing in grace and knowledge.
True and godly love does not gossip and malign and repeat things about others.
True and godly love covers transgressions.
True and godly love does not gossip and malign and repeat things about others.
True and godly love operates with impersonal unconditional love even toward its enemies, and it prays for those who are persecuting them.
True and godly love loves its enemies and does good to those who hate them.
True and godly love is manifested by keeping with doctrine, "not" putting aside your doctrinal differences!
LUK 6:27 "But I say to you who hear, love Your enemies, do good to those who hate you,