Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
FridayMay 29, 2015
I am going to try to reveal to you the "most holy place" in DAN 9:24 which actually applies to the Temple of God for the Jewish people when the Lord comes back.
He will fulfill the phrase "to anoint the most holy place"
This actually refers to a time when God will indwell the Jewish people again, which He did in the past, but not like He does in the "permanent indwelling" of TLJC in the Church-age believer.
The difference between the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in the OT and the indwelling of the HS in the NT - one is called enduement, the other is called enablement.
For the OT, Enduement is defined as the divine endowment of the power of God the Holy Spirit to certain or just a few of the Old Testament believers.
Enduement means to put on some gift or quality which belongs to another which he distributes by his own discretion.
We, as Church-age believers, have the enabling power of God the Holy Spirit given to us all under the principle of E-P and E-O to operate in whenever we desire to do so.
Enablement is one's ability to be possessed by the quality and quantity of another person whereas enduement has to do with a special ability given to just a few individuals for a specific function.
You may know what is the confidence of His calling and what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, really means.
DAN 9:24 He is going "to anoint the most holy place."
This refers to a time when God will indwell the Jewish people as never before by living inside of them, but still not as permanent as the indwelling of Christ in the Church-age.
What is the "most holy place"?
It also refers to the human body, which is now the Temple of the living God.
Ezekiel's temple is a symbol which refers to the 144,000 elect Israelites as we will see who will receive the revelation of Who and What God is and Who and What has done for them as never before
When God first took His abode in Solomon's Temple, He signified His Presence by the Shekinah glory in the Form of a Cloud. The same
Sign signified His abode in the Tabernacle in the Wilderness.
This principle also took residence in the Temple of our Lord's body, as it did in the Pillar of Fire and Cloud manifest in the form of a dove.
The point being is that everything about the anointing signified the presence of God.
There is a direct relationship between the anointing and the indwelling of TLJC as the Shekinah glory or when God revealed Himself through mankind.
You are now a manifestation of the Shekinah glory or God revealed in mankind.
1TI 3:16 And by common confession great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, Was vindicated in the Spirit, Beheld by angels, Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory.
To have God in us means that we have the glory of God within ourselves.
We can be 'lights to the world in time" just as our Lord will be the only light for all of us during the entire eternal sate.
JOH 8:12, "I am the light of the world; he who follows Me shall not walk in the darkness, but shall have the light of life."
MAT 5:14, "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.
Notice again in REV 21:3, the tabernacle of God is among men.
1JO 3:2, Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we shall be. We know that, when He appears, we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him just as He is.
God has always veiled Himself behind skins and that's what the unveiling and the anointing of the Holy place will be about.
God slew two lambs and made coats of their skins so they were under the blood of the lamb, showing they had a Kinsman Redeemer who would take their place in death.
Once they were under the blood as a covering, God had fellowship with them again.
There was never was a time in history when some part of the world did not "see" TLJC that's the doctrine of what is known a Theophanies.
A Theophany is a manifestation of the person and work of Jesus Christ in His pre-incarnate state. It is a theological term for the appearances of Jesus Christ before the First Advent.
TLJC appeared as the Angel of the Lord, the primary Theophany in the OT.
EXO 3:2, And the angel of the Lord appeared to him in a blazing fire from the midst of a bush; and he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, yet the bush was not consumed.
As the Angel of God, TLJC was in the pillar of the cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night to lead Israel through the desert, EXO 13:21; EXO 14:19; EXO 23:20‑23, 32:34, 33:2; NUM 20:16; ISA 63:9.
We are now a Theophanies of TLJC in the Church-age!
Your body is literally the temple of God or the dwelling place of where He now lives, whether it is times of darkness or light.
PSA 139:12, Even the darkness is not dark to Thee, And the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike to Thee.
If our physical body had an analogy with the spiritual body of TLJC, meaning not only the body of Christ but the living holy temple of God, how should we live?
EPH 2:22 = in whom [TLJC, you also are being built together into a dwelling of God BY MEANS OF GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT] in the Spirit.
How meaningful it is while I reveal to you why Jesus Christ has been "with us" and "in us" as we recognize "HOW" and "WHY" we are called the "the temple of God."
In all of the passages I am about to quote to you. I want you to think about the Temple and the phrase "your body" as the "temple of God."
1. For example, in MAT 12:6 "But I say to you, that something greater than the temple is here.
It is the fact that your body is now the dwelling place for God.
2. In MAT 21:12, He condemned those who were trying to sell His work and His teachings in the Temple.
3. In MAT 21:14, the Temple of our Lord or His body, should never be sold; "And the blind and the lame came to Him in the temple, and He healed them.
4. As the Temple of our Lord as He indwells us should never be hypocritical; MAT 23:16-18.
5. The Temple of our Lord should be teaching those who desire to learn.
6. In MAR 11:16, the Temple of our Lord should never condone a business.
7. In MAR 14:49, the Temple of our Lord would teach habitually.
8. His birth and resurrection is holy and should not be - LUK 2:27-28 And he came in the Spirit into the temple; and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to carry out for Him the custom of the Law, then he took Him into his arms, and blessed God,
9.The Temple also had to face others who would try and destroy it; LUK 19:47 And He was teaching daily in the temple; but the chief priests and the scribes and the leading men among the people were trying to destroy Him,
10. In JOH 2:18-19, the Temple was used to teach the resurrection.
11. JOH 7:28, our Lord used the temple to teach about His unity with God the Father, Jesus therefore cried out in the temple, teaching and saying, "You both know Me and know where I am from; and I have not come of Myself, but He who sent Me is true, whom you do not know.
12. In ACT 2:46, the temple was used to promote unity and fellowship; And day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart,
13. The temple was used to promote prayer ACT 3:1 Now Peter and John were going up to the temple at the ninth hour, the hour of prayer.
14. - Temple used to reveal the creation, ACT 17:24 "The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth,
does not dwell in temples made with hands;
15. The Temple and your Body; 1CO 3:16 Do you not know that you are a temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 1CO 3:17 If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and that is what you are.
16. The Temple and the ministry of God the Holy spirit; 1CO 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?
1CO 6:20, For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.
17. Doesn't compromise.
19. Recognizes deception and counterfeit.
20. Becomes a winner.