Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin Wednesday June 3, 2015
We are noting the last of the six prophecies given in Dan 9: 24 which says that when TLJC comes back He will fulfill the prophecy that says that He will anoint the most holy place.
This refers to a time in the beginning of the Millennial reign that God will indwell the literal Temple of the Jews and also refers to the fact that God will also indwell all the Jewish people who are alive and have become born again and saved for the first time.
Difference = the OT was less than 1% of believers had the Holy Spirit living in them for just short periods of time, but in the Millennium, all the Jewish believers will be indwelt by God the Holy Spirit and TLJC as the Shekinah Glory .
They will not lose the Spirit as they did in the OT, PSA 51:11.
The difference between the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in the OT and the indwelling of the HS in the NT is found in two words enablement the other is called the enduement.
Enduement is defined as the divine power of God the Holy Spirit to certain Old Testament believers who were called out to do extraordinary deeds.
As Church-age believers, have the enabling power of God the Holy Spirit given to all of us under the principle of E-P and E-O.
God the Holy Spirit did not fill the Old Testament believers as He does for the NT believers, where He gives us all the same privileges and opportunities to operate in the power of God.
The difference between the enablement and the enduement is that one you could lose, the other you could never lose in spite of what you did.
DAN 9:24 = the Anointing of the most holy place deals not so much with the literal meaning but really the spiritual meaning.
a. The Holy Spirit indwells the body of the believer at the moment of salvation to provide the divine power to offset the continued presence of the old sin nature.
God the Holy Spirit makes a sacred building out of your body for the indwelling of God the Son and God the Father.
It is important to distinguish between the indwelling of the Holy Spirit which is permanent, and the filling of the Holy Spirit which is temporary depending on the use of the rebound technique.
In the life of every believer, human ability must be superseded by divine ability.
It’s important to note that the purpose of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is to provide a temple in the believer’s body for the indwelling of Christ as the Shekinah Glory.
The Holy Spirit indwells the body of the believer at the moment of salvation to provide the divine power to offset the continued presence of the old sin nature.
b.The Holy Spirit indwells the body of the believer also as a sign of the Royal family status, which is superior to being in the family of God, as believers in past dispensations were.
c. The primary objective of the indwelling of Holy Spirit is to provide divine energy or power to execute the Christian way of life.
In DAN 9:24 when Daniel that when TLJC back He will anoint the “most holy place”?
It’s refers to the Millennium Temple when the Jews will reign with Christ and with His people for a thousand year Millennial reign.
It also refers to the human body, which is now the Temple of the living God.
There is a direct relationship between the anointing and the indwelling of TLJC and as the Shekinah glory or God revealed and seen through mankind.
You and I are now a manifestation of the Shekinah glory or God revealed in mankind.
Just like God will anoint the most place or the Holy Temple when the Millennial reign begins, However right now He is anointing a spiritual Temple which is what you I really are and why we are called the Temple of God.
When our Lord comes back to anoint the most holy place or His temple, in DAN 9:24, He is not doing anything new because He has been anointing “US” as the temple of God ever since the Church-age began.
The anointing refers to the indwelling of the HS. The most holy place or the Temple refers to our Body.
PSA 139:12 Even the darkness is not dark to Thee, And the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike to Thee.
The analogy of the Temple of our Lord with our human body that our Lord and God the Father and God the Holy Spirit now indwells within.
Let’s look at some of the statements that are made about the real and literal Temple which will be in Jerusalem during the Millennium and then put our bodies in the passage and spiritual applications.
1. Our first application is found verse 6, MAT 12:6 “But I say to you, that something greater than the temple is here.
2. MAT 21:12, And Jesus entered the temple and cast out all those who were buying and selling in the temple, and overturned the tables of the moneychangers and the seats of those who were selling doves.
If you want to buy and sell things in your Temple buy PRO 23:23 Buy truth, and do not sell it, Get wisdom and instruction and understanding.
ISA 55:1 “Ho! Everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; And you who have no money come, buy and eat. Come, buy wine and milk Without money and without cost.
Spiritual application is that: Wine represents the Holy Spirit Milk represents basic doctrines, 1PE 2:2.
3. In MAT 21:14, the Temple of our Lord or His body, should never be sold;
4. As the Temple of our Lord, we should never be hypocritical; MAT 23:16-18.
5. The Temple of our Lord, we should always be ready to teach those who desire to learn.
6. In MAR 11:16, the Temple of our Lord should never condone a business, that is in the church, MAR 11:16 and He would not permit anyone to carry goods through the temple.
7. In MAR 15:38, And the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. This is analogous to our Lord opening up the veil that separated man from God in the literal temple. It is reference to the doctrine of the HU.
HEB 6:19 This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and one which enters within the veil,
HEB 10:19 Since therefore, brethren, we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus,
8. As the earthy Temple was tying be legalistic self-righteous is prepared for others who try and destroy it; LUK 19:47 And He was teaching daily in the temple; but the chief priests and the scribes and the leading men among the people were trying to destroy Him,
9. In JOH 2:18-19, the Temple teaches on the resurrection.
10. Just like the literal temple was used for the gathering together of our Lord’s church. ACT 2:46 And day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart,
11. ACT 3:1 Now Peter and John were going up to the temple at the ninth hour, the hour of prayer.
MAT 18:19 “Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.
MAT 18:20 “For where two or three have gathered together in My name, there I am in their midst.”
12. ACT 17:24 “The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands;
13. As a temple of God, the temple of God should be used for compromise; 2CO 6:14-18.
14. The Temple of God was always under type of deception and Recognizes deception and counterfeits.
15. Being a Temple of God that God can use as He indwells our body, as a spiritual giant, you will recognize in the Historical Heavenly Library in the eternal state the Church-age temple is acknowledged , promoted, and blessed Becomes a winner.
©® 1996-2009 Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries. All rights reserved. | site map