Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
WednesdayJun 10, 2015
DAN 9:24 He will anoint the most holy place.
"the most Holy place" has to deal with the literal Temple that will be built when our Lord comes back and it means that the deity of Christ or the Shekinah Glory will dwell in the literal Temple.
If they had any needs the presence of the Shekinah Glory meant that God would supply all their needs.
If they were going to war, the presence of the Shekinah Glory meant that the Lord would be with them and insured them victory.
If they needed any guidance or direction, the presence of the Shekinah Glory meant that He would guide them and direct them.
In ACT 10:34, we read that God is not a respecter of persons, and therefore the Shekinah Glory, or Christ in us a guarantee of fantastic blessings for us as well.
The Lord anointing the most holy place in the future is nothing new because He has been doing that all along in the Church-age believer ever since Pentecost or the day when the Church-age began.
The anointing refers to the presence of God the Holy Spirit inside of our human body, which is the most Holy place at this time.
The anointing has to deal with the fact that at the moment of salvation God the Holy Spirit created a spiritual temple in our body for our Lord Jesus Christ to be at home in.
The real issue however is that in our passage DAN 9:24 is that the Anointing of the most holy place for us does not deal so much with the literal anointing of the temple but really the spiritual meaning which is the anointing of the believer.
"Shekinah" is derived from the Hebrew noun SHAKAN, meaning to dwell. It refers to the fact that Jesus Christ indwelt certain sacred buildings in Israel.
Glory" was the Hebrew Biblical word KABODH, used for the visible manifestations of Jesus Christ in the New Testament revealed by the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
Shekinah itself represents the invisibility of Christ, the God of Israel, whereas "Glory" represented the visible manifestation or what can be seen.
Just like God will anoint the most place or the Holy Temple when the Millennial reign begins, today God anoints all His spiritual Temples who are the body of Christ, every Church-age believer.
2. Our Lord rebuked those in the Jewish Temple who were buying and selling things in the temple which they were turning into a Flea Market, MAT 21:12.
3. In MAT 21:12-14, the Temple of our Lord or His body which is our physical body should compromise your biblical standards.
4. As the Temple of our Lord, we should never be hypocritical; MAT 23:16-18.
5. The Temple was where our Lord taught and therefore as the Temple of our Lord we should always be ready to teach those who desire to learn.
6. In MAR 11:16, the Temple of our Lord would never condone a business, that is in the church, MAR 11:16 and He would not permit anyone to carry goods through the temple.
This had to with not allowing individuals to make a business in the local assembly.
The real issue is what goes on inside of your body as a Temple of God.
1TI 2:9-10, Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments; but rather by means of good works, as befits women making a claim to godliness. 1PE 3:3-4, And let not your adornment be merely external‑‑ braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God.
7. In MAT 27:51, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom which is analogous to our Lord "opening up the veil that separated man from God" in the Jewish temple, so that nothing can separate us from Him now because he dwells in the Temple of our body.
HEB 4:16 Let us therefore draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and may find grace to help in time of need.
Where was the Jewish throne of grace?
The analogy is that TLJC is inside the temple of your body so by means of faith you can have fellowship with Him.
By being a Temple for our Lord to indwell, the ripping of the veil means we can have a face to face fellowship with Him.
We are always to pray to the Father, in the name of the Son, being filled with the Spirit.......but that's prayer.
As long as we are filled with the Spirit we can talk to the Father, we can talk to the Son and we can even talk to the Spirit whenever we desire, but that's fellowship with them not prayer.
HEB 6:19 This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and one which enters within the veil,
HEB 10:19 Since therefore, brethren, we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus,
HEB 10:20 by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh,
8. In LUK 19:47 As there was always opposition and obstacles in the Jewish Temple, there will always be those who try to oppose us and stop our spiritual momentum because we are now the Temple of God.
LUK 19:47 And He was teaching daily in the temple; but the chief priests and the scribes and the leading men among the people were trying to destroy Him,
Under the principle of Satan being an arrogant genius and the fact that he has been around ever since the Church-age began, he knows that all believers in the Church-age is where TLJC now indwells.
In the New Testament, Satan and his kingdom of darkness always does the same thing, he is always attacking the people of God who are now the spiritual temple where TLJC indwells now .
9. In JOH 2:18-19, the Temple was the place where our Lord taught the doctrine of the resurrection.
JAM 2:19 You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.
My Bible says "Whoever" or "Whosoever" can be saved.
When TLJC went to His first wedding feast He was a walking Temple of God and as such, He revealed the importance of believing in the doctrine of Resurrection.
10. The Temple of God was also respected as a place of prayer, so should we be temples gathering together with one another in prayer;
ACT 3:1 Now Peter and John were going up to the temple at the ninth hour, the hour of prayer.
Just as the Temple was used for believers to gather together for prayer, today the Temples of God ought to be doing the same.
One of the most misunderstood principles concerning the doctrine of prayer that I have discovered in the last 35 years is the misconception of numbers and time.
2TI 2:15 Study to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, handling accurately the word of truth.
PSA 138:2b I give thanks to Thy name for Thy lovingkindness and Thy truth; For Thou hast magnified Your Word according to all Thy name.
JOH 12:47 "And if anyone hears My sayings, and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world."
JOH 12:48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.
There is probably no more powerful manifestation of divine power as when the temples of the Church-age, 1CO 6:19, gather together to learn Bible doctrine and also to pray.
MAT 18:19-20, "Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, there I am in their midst."
11. A temple that TLJC indwells, the Church-age believer is superior to the earthly temple in ACT 17:24 "The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands;
This points to the superiority of the spiritual temples ( us), over the natural Temple which will elevated and cherished by all of God's people because it will a reminder or a visual aid during the Millennial reign.
12. As a temple of God, the temple of God should never be used for compromise; 2CO 6:14-18.
13 . Being a Temple of God that God can use as He indwells your body, you will be recognized in the Historical Section called the
Pillars of History in the eternal state as the Church-age temple is acknowledged , promoted, and blessed is acknowledged as a winner.
14. Ultimately the real meaning and the whole purpose of the Templeis for glorification of God the Father, God the Son, REV 21:22.
©® 1996-2009 Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries. All rights reserved. | site ma