Jam 4:7 Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
Jam 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
Worldliness or operating in the Cosmic system can creep its way into your everyday life, unless you are consistently taking in bible doctrine.
For the unbeliever it is enticement and promotions feeding off lust patterns and material things.
For Believers, often it is a slow fade away from God, which builds up momentum in the downward spiral.
Volition is our first line of defense in two categories.
- PVTD by rejecting any temptation signals from the OSN coming into the soul.
- Once in the Cosmic system, the use of PSD, Rebound – name and site the sin and escape through Recovery.
When we are occupied with BD, daily intake, that is what makes the devil flee. Jam 4:7
EPH 4:27 and do not give the devil an opportunity.
“Opportunity” = Topos = a location, a position, an inhabited place, or a room in reference to your soul.
“Do Not Give” = is in the Present active imperative mood, which means prohibit and stop doing this or do not have this habit.
Resistance is a matter of learning bible doctrine!
Jesus leaned on the Truth of Bible Doctrine and after 3 different temptation the devil fled away from Him.
After quoting the BD and Truth in Mat 4 verse 4-10 …
Mat 4:11 Then the devil left Him; and behold, angels came and began to minister to Him.
2Co 3:2 You are our letter(epistle), written in our hearts, known and read by all men;
2Co 3:3 being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
Glorifying God is not something to be done or approached with laziness or indifference, but with eagerness and vigor!
ISA 25:1 O LORD, You are my God;
I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name;
For You have worked wonders,
Plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness.
Two Indispensable Qualities of the soul:
- Discernment- Understanding the TRUTH(BD),
- Determination – Courage to follow that TRUTH(BD).
“Blessed” = eulogetos ( yoo-log-eh-o) = to speak well of, to praise, or to invoke glory upon
EPH1:3 Worthy of praise and glorification be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
Eph 1:14 who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory.
Eph 1:3, Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
The importance of you staying in His Word and learning, understanding, and memorizing BD– that is all part of being transformed into His image.
PSA 119:9 How can a young man keep his way pure?
By keeping it according to Your word.
PSA 119:10 With all my heart I have sought You;
Do not let me wander from Your commandments.
11 Your word I have treasured in my heart,
That I may not sin against You.
Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
GAL 5:16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.
You must study and take in Bible doctrine, the mind of Christ, on a continued basis and foster that relationship with Him and become Occupied with Him, personally.
Isa 58:11“And the LORD will continually guide you,
And satisfy your desire in scorched places,
And give strength to your bones;
And you will be like a watered garden,
And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail.
Heb 13:5 Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, “I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU,”
Heb 13:6 so that we confidently say,
“THE LORD IS MY HELPER, I WILL NOT BE AFRAID.
WHAT WILL MAN DO TO ME?”
spoo-dad-zo = To make an earnest effort, labor in study or in other words “to dig into the scriptures”
- We are commanded take in BD (a calling), in order that we will not stumble in our walk, 2PE 1:10.
- We are to handle BD correctly, 2TI 2:15.
- We are to Learn (BD) the mystery doctrine of the Church -age, because it contains all the mechanics for executing the PPOG and utilization of the PSD, Eph 1:9,3:9; Col 2:2.
There is one thing that you (we) cannot do …
We must never quit!
A Christian Soldier is on Active duty, not AWOL.
The PPOG is a race that we are to be running (active movement) which allows us to grow through:
The 3 stages of Spiritual Growth.
- Spiritual self-esteem is a cognitive self-confidence.
- Spiritual autonomy is a cognitive independence.
- Spiritual maturity is a cognitive courage or invisibility, - the invisible hero!
Occupation with Christ,
everything else fades away and HE,
TLJC becomes Lord of your life!
Invisible Hero - We are all a part of that impact on human history the pivot of mature believers.
You will need to be “living in” the bible doctrine you claim to believe – to pass the test(s)!
Growing spiritually through problems or challenges with the use of solving problems, hence the PMA of BD + PSD within the PPOG.
Spiritual Maturity + being cognitively invincible + Being Occupied with Christ (+ passing evidence testing) = (MAX) GLORIFICATION of GOD!
You must heed to the warnings, and follow the guidelines of PPOG, that God has made available to you, in His written Word.
Phi 3:16 however, let us keep living by that same standard to which we have attained.
17 Brethren, join in following my example, and observe those who walk according to the pattern you have in us.
Review Daniel 1-4 for background to upcoming points.
Daniel’s Interpretation of King Nebuchadnezzar Dream, The story of the Fiery Furnace
- Jesus Christ controls human history. Dan 5:20-21; Col 1:16.
COL 1:16 … all things have been created through Him and for Him.
DAN 5:21 …the Most High God is ruler over the realm of mankind and that He sets over it whomever He wishes.
- Super-grace, positive Believers must live their lives as unto the Lord. Col 3:16,17.
Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
Col 3:17 Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.
- The Positive Believer must always take a stand on Truth, which is the bible doctrine resident in his own soul. Acts 5:29,32.
- The Super-Grace Believers never violates and recognizes the Sovereignty of God, Dan 3:17-18.
- Super-Grace Believers leave all the matter of injustice to God, turning them over to the Supreme Court of Heaven. Deu 32:35, Psa 94:1, 1Th 4:6, Rom 12:19, Heb 10:30.
Rom 12:19 Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, “VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY,” says the Lord.
- Super-Grace Believers live by doctrine and remain, in the peace of God, confident of their deliverance. Rom 5:1; Eph 2:8; Heb 10:38; 1Pe 1:7,5:9.
- Arrogance always leads to bad decisions (NV)and has terrible consequences. Dan 3:19-22.
- Unstable minds in positions of power and authority (government, military, and politicians), make the same mistakes, they are unteachable. Jam 1:7-8.
- Super-Grace believers are provided protection by God’s wall of fire, impenetrable. Eph 6:10-17
- Super-grace believers that preserver and overcome, will be promoted, or awarded. Dan 2:48, 3:30; Rev 2:7,11,17,26, 3:5,12,21; 1Jo 4:4.
Eph 3:18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth,
Eph 3:19 and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.
2CO 3:18 But we all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.
ISA 43:21 “The people whom I formed for Myself,
Will declare My glory (praise).
Col 3:3-4 For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.
Let Bible Doctrine “rule in our hearts” growing ever closer to occupation with the Lord Jesus Christ.
Pro 23:23 Buy truth, and do not sell it,
Get wisdom and instruction and understanding.