Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
The results of advance under the Lord's supervision and maintaining spiritual maturity.
Thursday, February 14, 2002
walk - Hithpael imperative - halak = a command to continue advancing under My supervision.
Now that Abram is qualified for the blessing, all he can do is be occupied with the source of the blessing, because the blessing is a hopeless situation.
He already has his supergrace blessings, like his great wealth, promotion, prosperity, social prosperity, technical prosperity, etc.
to be - Qal imperfect - hajah = to become or to maintain.
predicate adjective - tamiym = to be complete in the sense of mature, sound in the sense of maximum doctrine in the soul, so he has the capacity necessary for the blessing coming.
"Advance under my supervision and maintain spiritual maturity."
There is a place for emotion, but it is emotion under the control of mentality, not emotion running wild and controlling the body.
A distraction test by the name of Ishmael.
Do you know that some children are kept around just to be a test to their parents?
1. Spiritual growth is adjustment to the justice of God in time.
PSA 25:8 Good and upright is the Lord; Therefore He instructs sinners in the way.
We have the indwelling of the Spirit; Abram had the enduement of the Spirit.
PSA 51:11 Do not cast me away from Thy presence, And do not take Thy Holy Spirit from me.
2. Adjustment to the justice of God makes possible the function of divine justice in providing maximum blessing in time and maximum reward in eternity.
Gods desire is to bless you with the blessings of Abraham, GEN 28:4; ROM 4:16; GAL 3:7,14.
Part of understanding the blessing of Abraham is to realize the principle of not quitting and going forward even after you have failed enormously.
3. Adjustment to divine justice pleases God and provides the basis for supergrace blessing, HEB 11:6.
4. Supergrace leads to ultra supergrace - a place of persecution, pressure, and adversity, but a place where you will never be happier in this life.
5. Grace blessing to the believer glorifies God in the angelic conflict, but ultra supergrace not only glorifies God, but gives God maximum pleasure.
Abraham was given the high honor of being called a friend of God, 2CH 20:7, ISA 41:8; JAM 2:20-23.
6. It takes a long time to reach supergrace and ultra supergrace, and there are often many setbacks, but its worth it.
EPH 5:15-16 Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men, but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil.
7. Man must come to the end of his resources before the resources of God can resolve his problem under justice.
You cant build your happiness on someone elses unhappiness - thats the human side.
The divine side - Gods justice must be free to bless you and, at the same time, not to be unfair to someone else.
8. The helplessness of the believer brings him to the place of grace solution.
MAT 5:48 "Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."
JAM 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.
GAL 3:24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, that we may be justified by faith.
Gods power functions in the time of mans helplessness.
The source of this blessing to Abraham and his descendants is the justice of God.
Grace Bible Church All Rights Reserved Robert R. McLaughlin 2002