Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
The royal family honor code and spiritual self esteem.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
September 3, 2008
The breastplate of righteousness or integrity is the virtue and the honor attained through the perception of Bible doctrine.
be sober - pres-act-subj nephomen = to be self-controlled, to be well balanced and therefore to be in the state of spiritual self-esteem.
1TH 5:8 But since we are of the day, let us attain spiritual self- esteem, after we have put on the breastplate of doctrine, and virtue love, and as a helmet, the confidence in salvation.
Dikaoisune is used in the New Testament for the justice and righteousness of God and therefore the virtue, the honor, and the integrity of God.
Honor and integrity can only be attained by learning the truth.....,
Knowing the truth.....,
Thinking the truth.......,
And applying the truth.
God has provided the thinking or the mind of Christ, 1CO 2:16, which is Bible doctrine, as our means of attaining the honor, the virtue and the integrity of God.
To be strong spiritually is to operate in the integrity of God which comes from applying doctrine to your particular circumstances in life.
Therefore, if I operate in integrity, I am living in His righteousness and putting on the breastplate which he has provided.
After salvation there is an experiential righteousness which is the breastplate of righteousness which is infinitely greater than any system of morality that has ever been designed by man.
MAT 19:26 “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
The Doctrine of the Royal Family Honor Code
What it Means to Put on the Breastplate of Righteousness.
Point 1 Definition and Description.
a. The Royal Family honor code or putting on the breastplate of righteousness is a system of spiritual integrity mandated by God and revealed in the mystery doctrine of the Church-age.
b. The Royal Family honor code or putting on the breastplate of righteousness relates to personal integrity on the part of believers in relationship with other persons.
1TH 5:8 But since we are of the day, let us attain spiritual self esteem, after we have put on the breastplate of doctrine, and virtue love,
The Royal Family honor code centers around two words -
Integrity and Truth.
The Law of Christian Liberty is directed toward self. Biblically, the believer has the right to engage in activities that are not sinful and that will not tempt him to sin.
The Law of Love is the function of impersonal love directed toward all believers, including the arrogant, the legalistic, and the lascivious.
Under this law, the strong believer denies himself certain permissible activities, strictly for the benefit of weaker believers; however, he must never compromise with legalism.
The Law of Expediency
is related to the believer as a witness for Jesus Christ. Every believer is an ambassador for Christ and at times must refrain from certain forms of recreation, or deny himself things he desires, not because they are wrong, but because they may hinder an unbeliever from seeing the true issue of salvation.
The Law of Supreme Sacrifice is directed toward God and relates to personal love for God the Father and occupation with the Lord Jesus Christ. It generally applies to mature believers who forsake normal living and legitimate functions in life in order to serve the Lord in a special way. This is the highest law of the Christian way of life; Paul functioned under this principle.
The believer needs to understand that at the moment of salvation he is born into the Royal Family with all the rights, privileges, and responsibilities of aristocracy, and that aristocracy has standards.
The standards of aristocracy do not condone:
1. Gossip, maligning, or slander
2. The violation of privacy or interfering in the affairs of others.
3. Apathy or indifference toward the Lord Jesus Christ or the plan of God.
4. Acting independently of God and the predesigned plan of God.
5. Immorality, impurity, evil desires and thoughts or greed.
6. Distraction or withdrawal from doctrine (the religious idea of putting aside doctrine and “loving one another”).
Arrogance, jealously, implacability, or revenge motivation.
8. Sowing discord or strife among the brethren.
9. The rejection of doctrine from one’s pastor-teacher.
10. Dishonesty for monetary gain.
11. Fear, worry, anxiety, anger, or hatred.
12. Legalism and self-righteousness.
13. Morality as a substitute for spirituality.
14. Attaining blessing from God through human good, dead works, human achievement, or human self-sacrifice, or any other function apart from God’s grace.
15. Discrediting any pastor-teacher, especially those who communicate Bible doctrine.
16. Failure to love the brethren.
1 JOH 4:7-9
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him.
Point 2. The Application of Bible Doctrine and the Royal Family Honor Code or What it Means to Put on the Breastplate of Righteousness.
The application of doctrine under pressure and in the angelic conflict and spiritual warfare requires at least the attainment and function of spiritual self-esteem.
a. The attainment and function of spiritual self-esteem.
Spiritual self-esteem is the basis for resolving otherwise unsolvable problems.
The believer in spiritual self-esteem has the environment for fulfilling the pattern of application, which is: Learning, the perception and metabolization of Bible doctrine.
Thinking, the application of metabolized doctrine to experience.
Solving, understanding and using the problem-solving devices.
b. The function of the Royal Family honor code or putting on the breastplate of
Because many believers lack human self-esteem, they lack the ability to apply any truth or Bible doctrine to their experience.
You are to be dependent on God, but independent from problems.
And lack of human self-esteem can only be resolved by the attainment of spiritual self-esteem.
The greatest disaster is failure to learn, understand, and think in terms of the Royal Family honor code.
And so the PPOG provides the opportunity for spiritual self-esteem.
1CO 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am.
Aristocracy has standards and protocol.
1. Spiritual self-esteem is that virtue and integrity developed from living in the PPOG whereby the believerâ€™s confidence is based on Bible doctrine which he has learned through perception, metabolization and application.
And the believerâ€™s respect for self is linked to grace-orientation.
2. The secret to spiritual self-esteem is respect for God.
3. Spiritual self-esteem is never a system of self-improvement based on advice, counseling, or dependence on others.
4. Under spiritual self-esteem, you are free from legalistic bullying, people dependence distractions, flattery, counseling and dependence.
5. In fact, spiritual self-esteem is the declaration of independence of your Royal priesthood.
6. Spiritual self-esteem solves the problems of inadequacy, peer pressure, role model arrogance, all the subtleties of arrogance, and fear.
7. Spiritual self-esteem never feels threatened by just or unjust criticism.
8. Spiritual self-esteem avoids withdrawal and stuffing your problems and failures into your subconscious.
9. Spiritual self-esteem is the status of solving the unsolvable problems and pressures of this life.
EPH 5:33 “However, you also, each one of you individually, let him love his wife as himself.”