Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
June 20, 2018
Before we get to our ninth commandment, “EXO 20:16 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor,”
We are taken a look at something our Lord had to deal with in eternity past when there were those who had tried to steal the glory due only to Him.”
One of the great sins concerning stealing that we normally take for granted is the fact that Satan was the first thief that we know of who tried to steal from the Lord.
ISA 14:16 “Those who see you will gaze at you, They will ponder over you, saying, ‘Is this the man who made the earth tremble, Who shook kingdoms.”
The dogmatic statement of fact = verse 24, “Just as I have planned so it will stand.”
He tried to steal our Lord’s glory by promoting himself over God.
In ISA 14:12, he tried to weakened the nations.
In ISA 14:13, he tried self-promotion when he said in his heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God, And I will sit on the mount of assembly In the recesses of the north.
A few introductory principles concerning the individual we call and know as Satan, the one who tried to rob and steal from God and still is trying to do so today.
Just like humans who try and steal and rob from the Lord as Mal 3:8 states, so did the angels.
It was their fierce leader Satan, who tried to steal the glory of the Lord in eternity past and in time, that they had to beware of.
That is what that military genius Sun Tzu said to his soldiers to “know your enemy.”
Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.”
Whenever we fight the enemy deception and trickery are allowed.
“The Supreme Art of War” is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.
You possess the power to handle the problem.
1JO 4:4 “Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.”
PHI 4:13 “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.”
If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat.
If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb or be defeated in every battle.”
One of the great forms of victory over the OSN and Satan is that Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy’s resistance without fighting.”
“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.”
“All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable and when we are unable to attack we are to give the impression we are able.
When using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”
You will find out the principle that “In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity.”
If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him.
If he is in superior strength, evade him.
If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him.
Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.
If he is taking his ease, give him no rest.
If his forces are united, separate them.
“Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.”
“The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.”
Five Esentials for Victory:
1. He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight.
- He will win who knows how to handle both superior and inferior forces.
- He will win whose army is animated by the same spirit throughout all its ranks.
- He will win who, prepared himself, waits to take the enemy unprepared.
- He will win who has military capacity and is not interfered with by the sovereign.”
Sun Tzu said: “Move swift as the Wind and closely-formed as the Wood. Attack like the Fire and be still as the Mountain.”
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory totally complete.”
“The whole secret lies in confusing the enemy, so that he cannot fathom our real intent.”
Satan was the original Traitor and Thief who tried to take the place of God…….and he has succeeded in doing so for the majority of people today.
He is called the great Liar and murderer who tries to steal the blessings of God away from His people and even those who are not.
He is a liar and murderer, however, TLJC, gives us some more insight into who Satan is, what he wants or lusts after, and his means or victims that he uses to accomplish His will.
He is a liar and a murderer as well as thief and one who steals; Joh 8:44.
He is also a thief for he tried to steal our Lord’s glory and honor as well usurping His authority over anyone who would listen, probably using flattery on the one-third of angels who followed Him; REV 12:4.
REV 12:4 And his tail swept away a third of the stars of heaven, and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her child.
He is the highest of all angels, and ruler of all fallen angels; Mat 8:28.
He is the most beautiful creature to come from the hand of God.
He has a voice like a pipe organ.
He is superior in genius, beauty, personality, persuasiveness, and is invisible.
He was so brilliant and God is so just that in his defense during God’s trial of Satan, even though Satan was found the guilty one, God gave Satan another chance to prove His point.
- His angelic sin of arrogance in which he said, “I will be like the Most High God.” He revolted against God, taking one‑third of all angels with him, Isa 14:13‑14; Eze 28:12‑19.
- He is cast out of heaven in the middle of the Tribulation, Rev 12:7,9,20.
c. He is cast into the lake of fire, Isa 14; Eze 28; Rev 12,20.
- His First Advent is in the Garden of Eden, Gen 3.
- His Second Advent is when he returns at the end of the Millennium to start a revolt against perfect environment, Rev 20. His advents are always related to perfect environment.
He is an organizational genius with a great organization of demons, Eph 6:10‑12.
There are four major demon attacks on the human race.
a. The genetic attack on the antediluvian civilization in Gen 6:1-13.
b. The attack of demon possession.
- The attack of demon influence, which involves cosmic one and cosmic two.
d. The attack of demon armies in the Tribulation, Rev 9.
- He is the enemy of the Church (the royal family), Rev 2:9‑13, 24.
- He is the enemy of Christ, Rev 12:4.
- He is called the Anointed Cherub. As such, he held the highest position of all angelic creatures. He is now lower than the Seraphim which are in command of the elect angels.
Satan not only rules all fallen angels but Satan has greater power than any human and rules the world through his cosmic systems.
The Devil rules certain believers though demon influence (not demon possession) and the involvement of the believer in the cosmic system.
Negative volition in the soul creates a vacuum in the soul which sucks the doctrine of demons into the stream of consciousness (5 parts) in the soul.
Because of the great power experiment of the Hypostatic Union overflowing into the Church Age, the body of Christ ruled by the head, our Lord Jesus Christ, has received the delegated divine power to resist the devil, as per 1Jo 4:4.
1Jo 4:4 “Greater is He who is in you [omnipotence of God the Holy Spirit in the PPOG] than He who is in the world [power of Satan as ruler of the world and cosmic system].”
- Originally, Satan was called Lucifer, the Son of Light. He was the bright and shining angel in the throne room of God, the highest ranking creature of all time, the most beautiful and attractive in appearance and personality.
Once his fall occurred in prehistoric times, Satan was called SATAN in the Hebrew, which means “enemy and adversary,” having greater power than we have.
Satan’s power is not greater than God’s.
As humans, we are an inferior, rational creation.
- All angels are superior to us. Satan is the ARCHON (ruler) of all angels, whose power is therefore far greater than ours.
- God has made available His power; i.e., the omnipotence of the Father in our portfolio of invisible assets, the omnipotence of God the Son and God the Holy Spirit who provides the power to execute the PPOG.
- Even for the unbeliever, God in His grace has provided a power to resist the power of Satan under the laws of divine establishment.
- Satan’s second name is the Greek word DIABOLOS, which means slanderer, manipulator, traducer.
- Although Satan is far superior to us in every way, God has provided two factors for us in grace.
(1) The protection of the laws of divine establishment. These laws protect our freedom, privacy, property, and life and unbelievers.
(2) The protection of the divine institutions. All dispensations, even the Tribulation, man continues to live on the earth because he is protected by the laws of divine establishment, by divine institution #3, the family.
Satan is specifically the enemy of the Church, the royal family of God, the new spiritual species, the body of Christ because God has done more for the individual believer in the Church-age than ever before.
- He is the enemy of Israel, Rev 12.
d. He is the enemy of Christ, Rev 12:4.
e. He is the originator of all violence and murder, Joh 8:44.
Religion is man seeking to use his own merits, his own works to gain the approbation of God.
- Gospel, 2Co 4:3‑4.
2. Ministers, 2Co 11:13‑15.
3. Doctrine, 2Ti 4:1.
4. Communion table, 1Co 10:19‑21.
5. Spirituality, Gal 3:2‑3.
6. Righteousness, Mat 19:16‑28.
- Modus vivendi – a way of living; self-righteousness, Mat 23:13‑36.
8. Power and dynamics (miracles, healing, tongues) 2Th 2:8‑10.
9. System of gods, 2Th 2:3‑4.
False teachers are a part of his strategy, 1Jo 4:1‑3.
They are bleeding heart do‑gooders, who “love” everyone, being all things to all men apart from any standards based on Bible doctrine, MAT 7:15.
MAT 7:15 “Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.
- They seek to stimulate your ego, Rom 16:18.
2. They use human public relations systems and legalistic flirtation to court believers, Gal 4:17‑18; 2 Tim 3:5‑7.
- They appeal to human ego and arrogance and pride to distract believers from grace, 2 Cor 10:12. They use mutual admiration society ideas.
- They promote idolatry as a part of Satan’s communion table, Hab 2:18‑19.
- They promote legalism as a system of spirituality which we call pseudo‑spirituality, 1Ti1:7‑8. They encourage people to gossip.
- They possess a false spirit, 1Jo 4:1‑3. They are inspirational by do not function by the power of the Holy Spirit.