Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
Shame causes terrible regret and embarrassment regarding failure to fulfill God’s plan under the principle of equal opportunity.
Friday, January 11, 2013
Loser Believers are ashamed at the judgment seat of Christ, 1JO 2:28.
Christian losers are believers who fail to execute the PPOG in time.
(1) The believer who has “drifted off course from grace,” GAL 5:4.
(2) The believer who “comes short of the grace of God,” HEB 12:15.
(3) The “lukewarm” believer of REV 3:15-16.
(4) The “shipwrecked” believer of 1TI 1:19.
(5) The “psycho” or double-minded believer of JAM 1:8.
(6) The believer who fails to metabolize doctrine, JAM 1:22-24.
(7) The believer who is called “the enemy of the Cross,” PHI 3:18-19.
ProO 20:25 says It is a snare for a man to devour that which is holy!” And after the vows to make inquiry [which means without counting the cost.
“If a person acts unfaithfully and sins unintentionally against the Lordâ€™s holy things, then he shall bring his guilt offering to the Lord:
Paul is saying that with spiritual discernment, believers will be able to compare one thing with another to find out what is best.
Winners are believers who live in the PPOG, learn doctrine, pass momentum tests, advance to maturity and glorify Jesus Christ.
Losers are believers who live in the cosmic system, are servants of Satan, are constantly under the control of their old sin nature and are involved in evil and cannot be distinguished from unbelievers.
At the Rapture, they receive a new title of knighthood and they have the greatest and most permanent of all fame for all eternity.
We are told from the Scripture that shame and embarrassment comes because of failure to fulfill Godâ€™s plan under the principle of equal opportunity and spiritual freedom.
The word good is the adjective agathon which means good of intrinsic value or inwardly pure in thought and blameless in action and therefore a description of the winner believer.
The word bad is the adjective phaulon which means worthless or good for nothing, useless, spiritual barrenness and therefore a description of the loser believer.
For those who are winners, the Lord Jesus Christ will convey their escrow blessings for the eternal state.
For those who are losers, their escrow blessings will remain on deposit in the eternal hall of records in heaven as a memorial to lost equal opportunity to fulfill Godâ€™s plan.
True equality guarantees inequality.
Volition, not environment or circumstances, is the issue in your spiritual life.
The Greek word elpis translated “hope” means trust or confidence in doctrine or the promises of God, patient waiting, confident expectation with regard to the future, confidence that comes from the cognition of pertinent doctrine.
Thatâ€™s why for the winner believer TIT 2:13 is a reality which says, “Waiting for the blessed hope.”
The function of hope is threefold: it means to trust in time, it means patience in waiting, it means expectation of the future.
(1) We have absolute confidence that at the moment we believe in Christ we become the possessor of eternal life.
(2) We have absolute confidence that by the consistent function of the three spiritual skills we will execute the PPOG and receive the greater blessings for time and eternity.
(3) We have absolute confidence that at the judgment seat of Christ as mature believers we will receive greater blessings for eternity.
The loser believer is an oxymoron (a contradiction in terms).
Prin (1) Shame is incompatible with the PPOG in time.
PHI 3:19 Whose end is destruction [the sin unto death], whose god is their emotion, whose glory [at judgment seat of Christ when they are glorified and receive their resurrection body] is their shame, who keep thinking about earthly things.”
(2) Shame is incompatible with a resurrection body in the eternal state, that is at the judgment seat of Christ.
(3) This oxymoron of shame in a resurrection body does not exist in the winner believer, TIT 2:13 “Looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God, even our savior, Christ Jesus.”
(4) The fact that the loser believer possesses this contradiction with the PPOG in time emphasizes the failure of that believer to persevere in the function of the three spiritual skills.
(5) The reality of this shame in the resurrection body becomes comprehensible when you realize from doctrine that every Church Age believer has exactly the same equal opportunity to execute the PPOG.
The winner believer is described by that phrase in PHI 1:10, inwardly pure [in thought] and blameless [in action] until the day of Christ;
Becoming an heir is contingent upon becoming a winner believer–a believer who consistently uses the three spiritual skills and executes the PPOG.
It is self-motivation of the spiritual life which avoids shame at the judgment seat of Christ, 2TI 2:15.
Learning the mechanics of the PPOG (rightly dividing the Word of Truth) and executing this plan protects the believer from being ashamed.
Motivation related to the future has to do with the fact that at resurrection each one of us will stand and present ourselves before Jesus Christ.
Christian service performed by believers who have not learned the spiritual skills is dead works, human good, and evil.
You must be motivated with regard to spiritual values, spiritual skills; you have to hear some doctrine and be interested in it.
Your work is your motivation, your concentration, and your understanding that there is no substitute for the three spiritual skills, resulting in the execution of the PPOG for the Church.
When you stand in the presence of the Lord at the judgment seat of Christ will He say,
MAT 25:21 “Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things, enter into the perfect happiness of your Lord.”?
HEB 12:6 “For those whom the Lord loves, He disciplines, and He skins alive with a whip every son whom He receives.”
God is also aware of my lack of capacity for blessing and He seeks to adjust that through divine principles (the law of volitional responsibility) and divine discipline.
What is not corrected becomes worse. What is not restrained becomes lawless.
DEU 31:8 “And the Lord is the one who goes ahead of you. He will be with you. He will not fail or forsake you. Do not fear and do not panic.”
We need to note the importance of fellowship with God in time to avoid shame at the Judgment Seat of Christ,1JO 2:28-29.
Abiding in Christ is fellowship with God in your postsalvation experience with emphasis on occupation with Christ.
The word shame is the constantive aorist passive subjunctive of the Greek verb aischuno plus the negative adverb meâ€™ and it means that the loser believer is so ashamed he is shrinking away.
Verse 29 indicates that this shame came about because of lack of productive righteousness for divine blessing in time.
Practicing righteousness is a reference to productive righteousness, a reference to the function of the three spiritual skills resulting in the fulfillment of the PPOG.
We lose what we have accomplished through the arrogance skills (self-justification, self-deception, self-absorption).
We lose what we have accomplished by failure to persist in the function of the spiritual skills plus maintaining fellowship with God.
We lose what we have accomplished by failure to rebound and recover the filling of the Spirit.
We also need to note the power of the PPOG which allows to avoid shame at the judgment seat of Christ, PHI 1:20-21.
Living and dying, prosperity and adversity, are equated with sharing the happiness of God.
1. The greatest embarrassment of all human history is for the believer to arrive at the judgment seat of Christ in a resurrection body and under the equal opportunity principle to discover that he failed to execute the PPOG while on earth.
2. This is classified as shame in a resurrection body, because his escrow blessings for the eternal state will remain on deposit forever.
3. In contrast, the believer who executes the PPOG not only has the benefit of his escrow blessings for time but his escrow blessings for the eternal state.
4. The loser believer has no excuse as he stands before the Lord Jesus Christ in his resurrection body because he had the same equal privilege and equal opportunity to fulfill the PPOG, but he was always distracted by something from doctrine.
5. To avoid shame at the judgment seat of Christ the believer must use the grace assets of his portfolio to fulfill his own spiritual life through consistent use of the three spiritual skills.
6. This means that the believer can only avoid shame at the judgment seat of Christ through the execution of the PPOG for the Church.
7. Peace or prosperity at the judgment seat of Christ can never be possible until all three spiritual skills are in place.
Gold, silver, and precious stones are the three spiritual skills. Wood, hay, and stubble are the three arrogance skills.
The believerâ€™s production remains on the foundation after being tested by fire through the consistent function of the spiritual skills.
God the Holy Spirit indwells your body to provide a temple for the indwelling of Jesus Christ as the shekinah glory and the indwelling of God the Father as a guarantee of blessing.