Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
Some of the similarities of being a soldier as far as the Word of God teaches, Part 2.
Friday, February 15, 2013
1. In the end, we win the greatest battle ever fought and the greatest victory ever won.
2. Failure is not an option.
HOS 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
JOH 3:19 “And this is the judgment, that the light is come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light;
ROM 13:12 The night is almost gone, and the day is at hand. Let us therefore lay aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.
Hosea – first part = moral degeneracy (alcohol and wine)
Moral – degeneracy, and new wine refers to moral degeneracy or the New Wine which takes away their doctrinal understanding.
There is a very close relationship between the priest and the prophet as with the pastor-teacher and the student.
1. First of all, a soldier does not lead a normal life and that is what Paul is saying here.
2TI 4:7-8; I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith;
2TI 4:8 in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.
The point is that every believer has been enlisted in the spiritual army of God as a spiritual soldier of Jesus Christ.
2. A soldier must give up his freedom to serve his country and therefore the Christian soldier is to give up his freedom to serve TLJC.
3. Thirdly, a soldier must leave all of his worldly affairs behind as he goes forward to serve his country.
4. The first thing that a soldier does is to go into training after he has enlisted in the military and the first thing all believers need is spiritual training through the intake of doctrine.
5. As the god or the ruler of this world, Satan has placed foolish individuals in positions of authority so that he can try and control the entire world system.
6. As believers we have been commanded to fight the good fight of faith under the command of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Those flaming missiles are the philosophies of life. Those flaming missiles are the weapons of the king surrounding your soul.
7. Satan has invisible missiles that attack the soul and cause human viewpoint on the part of believers which neutralizes them and draws them away from the PPOG.
The ultimate goal of the kingdom of darkness which attacks your soul is to do whatever it can to take you away from the PPOG and the teaching of Bible doctrine.
2CO 2:11 in order that no advantage be taken of us by Satan; for we are not ignorant of his schemes.
As the god or the ruler of this world, Satan has placed foolish individuals in positions of authority so that he can try and control the entire world system.
This is how he fulfills REV 12:9 And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world;
This is why throughout the Bible we are commanded not to fight the devil or try to dethrone him or to dethrone those who are in positions of authority that Satan has placed them in.
But rather we are told to rise above it all and execute God’s plan.
JAM 4:7 says “Submit therefore to God [execute the PPOG]. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.”
Or as Peter said in 1PE 5:9 “But resist the devil by being firm in your doctrine”
8. A soldier is also known by his discipline, his armor, and his weapons.
So the Christian soldier must be disciplined, have his armor on and know how to use his weapons.
9. The soldier is trained so much to do the same thing over again through repetition – if he gets into a stressful situation and he cannot think immediately, he will automatically do what he has been trained to do under pressure.
10. Or the Christian Soldier difference between fear and courage is the ability to concentrate under pressure.
But, those of you who take the course under normal circumstances have a chance to learn how to handle disaster.