Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
Some of the similarities of being a soldier as far as the Word of God teaches, Part 3.
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
ROM 14:4 Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and stand he will, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
NEH 8:18 And he read from the book of the Law of God daily, from the first day to the last day.
PRO 8:30 Then I [doctrine] was beside Him, as a master workman; and I was daily His delight, rejoicing always before Him,
ACT 16:5 So the churches were being strengthened in the faith, and were increasing in number daily.
PSA 145:2…”Everyday will I bless thee”
PSA 61:8…”I will perform my vows or my responsibilities daily”
PSA 72:15… “Daily shall He be praised”
PSA 119:164 Seven times a day I will praise Thee because of your righteous judgments.
PSA 1:2 “But his delight [the mature believer] is in the Law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night.”
ISA 8:9 “My Lord, I have called daily upon you.”
Acts 20:31 “Therefore be on the alert, remembering that night and day for a period of three years I did not cease to admonish each one with tears.
2CO 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.
In ACT 2:46 the early church continued daily with one accord in the temple, ACT 2:46 And day by day continuing with one mind in the temple,
ACT 5:42 And every day, in the temple and from house to house, they kept right on teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.
1. Two of the greatest battles ever fought and two of the greatest victories ever won have been won by the Church, the Royal Family of God.
1SA 17:47 and that all this assembly may know that the Lord does not deliver by sword or by spear; for the battle is the Lordâ€™s and He will give you into our hands.”
EXO 14:13 But Moses said to the people, “Do not fear! Stand by and see the salvation of the Lord which He will accomplish for you today; for the Egyptians whom you have seen today, you will never see them again forever.
EXO 14:14 “The Lord will fight for you while you keep silent.”
He stripped all the spiritual tyrants in the universe of their phony and hypocritical authority at the Cross and marched them naked through the streets.
Donâ€™t put up with anyone pressuring you in details of diet, worship services, or holy days.
2. Secondly, we have also realized that failure is not an
option because in 1SA 17:47, the battle is the Lordâ€™s.
Failure is not an option, PSA 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
We have begun a teaching on the similarities between a natural soldier and a spiritual soldier as far as what the Word of God teaches.
a. The last Adam and the new creation. These particular synonyms are found in 1CO 15:45-47; 2CO 5:17; GAL 6:15.
b. The head and the body is a second synonym. The head
focuses in on the authority of our Lord as the King of kings and Lord of lords over the church.
Being members of the body emphasizes our difference in personality and function. This synonym is used in EPH 1:22-23; EPH 2:16; EPH 4:4-5; EPH 5:23;
c. The Shepherd and the Sheep used in the gospels prophetically. This is found in HEB 13:20; 1PE 2:25; 1PE 5:4.
This emphasizes the providential ministry of TLJC.
d. The Vine and the Branches, Joh 15.
e. Christ as the chief cornerstone and we are the stones of the building, EPH 2:20; 1PE 2:4-8.
f. The High Priest and the Royal Priesthood. This emphasizes our privacy and freedom, HEB 7:25; HEB 10:10-14; 1PE 2:5,9.
g. The Groom and the Bride analogy which points to the future of the Church as Royal Family, 2CO 11:2; EPH 5:25-27; REV 19:6-8.
h. The King of kings and the Royal Family of God, 1PE 2:5; 2:9; REV 1:6.
1. First of all, a soldier does not lead a normal life and that is what Paul is saying here.
MAR 4:18 “And others are the ones on whom seed was sown among the thorns; these are the ones who have heard the word,
MAR 4:19 and the worries of the world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things enter in and choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.
2. A soldier must give up his freedom to serve his country and therefore the Christian soldier is to give up his freedom to serve TLJC.
GAL 5:13 For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
3. Thirdly, a soldier must leave all of his worldly affairs behind as he goes forward to serve his country; 2TI 2:4.
2TI 2:4 No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier.
4. The first thing that a soldier does is to go into training after he has enlisted in the military.
5. As the god or the ruler of this world, Satan has placed foolish individuals in positions of authority so that he can try and control the entire world system.
6. As believers we have been commanded to fight the good fight of faith under the command of our Lord Jesus Christ; 2TI 4:1-8.
7. Satan has invisible missiles that attack the soul and cause human viewpoint on the part of believers which neutralizes them and draws them away from the PPOG, EPH 6:16, 2CO 10:4.
8. A soldier is also known by his discipline, his armor, and his weapons, JOH 8:31-32.
9. If he gets into a stressful situation and he cannot think immediately, he will automatically do what he has been trained to do under pressure.
When you get under pressure, you will think the right thing, do the right thing, and apply the right doctrine because you have repeatedly learned to do the right thing under normal circumstances.
10. For the Christian Soldier, the difference between fear and courage is the ability to think and concentrate under pressure.
If you have trouble concentrating under normal situations, you will have trouble concentrating under pressure situations.
If you donâ€™t think doctrine under normal circumstances, you will be filled with fear during abnormal circumstances.
But, those of you who take the course under normal circumstances have a chance to learn how to handle disaster.
There are many who will sit through the course but will not metabolize the lesson or if they do, they will fail to apply it at the appropriate time.