Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
Stop worrying about anything. The Doctrine of worry. Part 2.
Wednesday, June 27, 2001
1. Worry is a mental attitude sin which is self-induced and therefore soulish torture or anxiety regarding anything in life.
2. Worry is a distressing and painful state of mind involving undue concern over something in life.
3. Worry always envisions the worst, and so becomes apprehension or anticipation of danger, or misfortune, or trouble, or uncertainty.
4. Worry is a state of restlessness and agitation, producing mental disturbance, uneasiness, anxiety, and painful uncertainty.
5. Worry is a destroyer of the soul. If unchecked, it results in mental illness.
6. Worry is a satanic device to lead the believer into reversionism and the sin unto death, EZE 4:15-17, EZE 12:18-19, 1PE 5:5-9.
As you grow spiritually and produce divine good, more sacrifices of your time, talent, treasure, and more time exercising your spiritual gift is given than ever before, especially in no man’s land.
The perpetuation of PMA of Bible doctrine becomes absolutely necessary to put muscle on your faith, PSA 55:22.
“righteous” = tsaddiyq = just and righteous in conduct and character.
Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden.
PHI 4:6 “Stop worrying about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”
7. Bad news causes worry, JER 49:23ff.
8. Worry causes hysteria. LUK 10:41 “But the Lord answered and said to her, Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things;”