Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
June 22, 2018
One of the great forms of victory over the OSN and Satan is that Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy’s resistance without fighting.”
As a general and strategist, serving in the late sixth century BC, beginning around 512 BC. Sun Tzu’s victories then inspired him to write The Art of War.
One of the more well-known stories about Sun Tzu, is that right before hiring Sun Tzu, the King of Wu tested Sun Tzu’s skills by commanding him to train a harem of 180 concubines into soldiers.
Sun Tzu then ordered the execution of the king’s two favored concubines, to the king’s protests.
He explained that if the general’s soldiers understood their commands but did not obey, it was the fault of the officers.
Sun Tzu also said that, once a general was appointed, it was his duty to carry out his mission, even if the king protested.
Afterwards, both companies, now well aware of the costs of further disobedience performed their maneuvers flawlessly.
- “Victorious warriors concentrate on winning the battles first while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.”
Our strategy should be based upon 1CO 15:57 but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
- “All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable and when we are unable to attack we are to give the impression we are able.
- When using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”
You will find out the principle that “In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity.”
- If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him.
In Eph 6:10 “start becoming strong by means of the Lord, and in the strength of His might.”
In Eph 6:11 Pick up and put on the full armor from God, that you may be able to hold your ground against the schemes or the strategies of the devil.
EPH 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
- If your enemy is in superior strength, evade him.
- If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him.
- Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.
- If he is taking his ease, give him no rest.
- If his forces are united, separate them.
- “Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.”
- “The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.”
- He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight.
- He will win who knows how to handle both superior and inferior forces.
- He will win whose army is animated by the same spirit throughout all its ranks.
- He will win who, prepared himself, waits to take the enemy unprepared.
- He will win who has military capacity and is not interfered with by the sovereign.”
Sun Tzu said: “Move swift as the Wind and closely-formed as the Wood. Attack like the Fire and be still as the Mountain.”
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory totally complete.”
“The whole secret lies in confusing the enemy, so that he cannot fathom our real intent.”
Remember that Satan was the original Traitor and Thief who tried to take the place of God…….and he has succeeded in doing so for the majority of people today and one-third of all the fallen angels today.
He is called the great Liar and murderer who tries to steal the blessings of God away from His people and even those who are not.
Notice that he is a liar and murderer, however, TLJC, gives us some more insight into who Satan is, what he wants or lusts after, and his means or victims that he uses to accomplish His will.
And being a liar and a murderer, he is also a thief for he tried to steal our Lord’s glory and honor as well usurping His authority over anyone who would listen, probably using flattery on the one-third of angels who followed Him; Rev 12:4.
- First of all, He is the highest of all angels, and ruler of all fallen angels; Mat 8:28.
- He is the most beautiful creature to come from the hand of God.
- He has a voice like a pipe organ.
- He is superior in genius, beauty, personality, persuasiveness, and is invisible.
- He is a prehistoric super-creature, Isa 14:12‑17; Eze 28:11‑19.
- He was so brilliant and God is so just that in his defense during God’s trial of Satan, even though Satan was found the guilty one, God gave Satan another chance to prove His point.
- His angelic sin of arrogance in which he said, “I will be like the Most High God.” He revolted against God, taking one‑third of all angels with him, Isa 14:13‑14; Eze 28:12‑19.
- He is cast out of heaven in the middle of the Tribulation, Rev 12:7,9,20.
c. He is cast into the lake of fire, Isa 14; Eze 28; Rev 12,20.
He is the most beautiful creature to come from the hand of God.
He has a voice like a pipe organ.
He is superior in genius, beauty, personality, persuasiveness, and also has the ability to become invisible when needed.
He is an organizational genius with a great organization of demons, Eph 6:10‑12.
He is the enemy of Bible doctrine.
He is the enemy of the Church (the royal family).
He is the enemy of Israel.
He is the enemy of Christ.
LUK 22:3 And Satan entered into Judas who was called Iscariot, belonging to the number of the twelve.
JOH 13:27 And after the morsel, Satan then entered into him. Jesus therefore said to him, “What you do, do quickly.”
The point is that this is the Lord speaking to Satan inside the king of Tyre.
Tyre was the merchant city of the ancient world, as was Babylon the Great.
This reveals that all angels have form.
They appear to be made of light and can travel through space.
Their bodies are not visible to the human race for the obvious reason of the danger of worshipping angels, as Col 2:18 warns us against.
Now, Satan, your enemy the thief has mentality and the greatest I.Q. among all of God’s creatures, he is a super-genius.
Is it any wonder why REV 12:9 says “And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.”
In REV 13:14, he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform
In REV 18:23, he deceives the world by using a very popular church in Rome.
In REV 19:20, he deceives those who had received the mark of the beast.
And that’s we read just before the Millennial reign begins a seraph angel is said to throw Satan into the abyss in REV 20:3 and threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he should not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.
He was smart enough to know that he was the most beautiful creature that ever came along and he was smart enough as a creature to try and use his beauty and his genius to his own advantage.
If there’s anything that destroys genius, smartness, talent and beauty, anything that can be considered worthwhile, it is arrogance.
Arrogance makes a smart good looking man, dumb and ugly!
First, there is the thought of arrogance.
Then there is the decision of arrogance.
Then there is the action of arrogance.
He led the first great revolt and will lead the final great war of Armageddon in the universe. He started the first conspiracy in the universe.
He was not only perfect but also in perfect environment.
The original sin among angelic creatures is like the original sin among human creatures, it occurred as a decision in perfect environment!
- To be a genius mentally.
- Physical beauty in some form.
- Perfect or improved environment.
You don’t need a perfect environment to be happy.
Notice what is mentioned beauty, brains, and environment!
Virtue, integrity, humility are the things that are important.
Wearing jewelry, feminine clothes and make up, eye shadow, etc. are not forbidden providing they do not replace or depend upon “Cosmic Cosmetics,” 1Ti 2:9.
Degeneracy in any nation, in any society, is merely a manifestation of the fact that people are unhappy.
One of the most asinine stupid statements is the fact that people are born free.
He was created an adult with perfect beauty, with the greatest genius of any creature God ever made and with perfect environment.
With self-consciousness, he had perfect beauty, perfect brains, in a perfect environment.
I think the majority of us would say that if we had perfect brains, perfect beauty in a perfect environment, we would be happy.
They want power!
They want approbation!
They want to be recognized!
That’s the power of beauty.
Satan had beauty and brains from the start of his life and he also had authority being the anointed cherub or the Messiah’s angel……but he got tired of being second in charge!
He had everything except God’s power and authority — that’s what he wanted.
Arrogance promotes ambition, or today we call that inordinate ambition.
This is why the first sin mentioned in God’s top seven is arrogance, the sin of Satan; Pro 6:16-19.
They want everyone to get involved!
Whitewashing the devil’s world?
They’re following the devil’s pattern……..following it perfectly.
For what is the devil’s pattern?
The lust for power has its roots in arrogance.
Arrogance then is a desire for recognition.
Even in the Garden of Eden, his name nahash, translated “serpent,” means `the shining one’.
The Apostle Paul even states that he is even now transformed into an angel of light, 2CO 11:14.
2CO 11:14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
(a) In the high priest’s breastplate as a manifestation of divine grace.
(b) In the New Jerusalem, which reflects the glory of God;.
(c) As the covering of this great angel, which signalizes the highest of all creation.
the workmanship of your settings and sockets refers to the fact that he did not need an instrument to praise and glorify God, he was given a built-in Royal crown of praise to praise to his Creator.
In the next verse we seem to pass from the royalty of Satan to his priestly dignity.
The most obvious reason is that there must have been some sought of threat that TLJC, who was friends with Satan at the time our Lord stated that Satan was the guardian angel of the throne of God.
You can put together certain facts and doctrinal principles that seem to reveal that there could have been a major war on in the heavens in eternity past.
The word anointed means the Messiah’s angel.
Satan’s presence on the holy mountain would indicate his enjoyment of the full Cherubic privilege of nearness to the throne of God.
The cherubim were the group of angels related to the throne of God as protectors and defenders of His holiness.
Their father in the sense that John the apostle said it when he called Christians under the thinking of Satan, sons [teknons] of the devil, 1Jo 3:10.
God placed Lucifer there knowing that he eventually was going to rebel and start a conspiracy against God.
JOH 6:70 Jesus answered them, “Did I Myself not choose you, the twelve, and yet one of you is a devil?”
John even records when it happened in JOH 13:2 And during supper, the devil having already put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon, to betray Him,
Then in JOH 13:27 And after the morsel, Satan then entered into him. Jesus therefore said to him, “What you do, do quickly.”
In 1TI 3:6, Paul is warning Timothy not to put men in positions of authority too soon, and he says “And not a new convert, lest he become conceited and fall into the condemnation incurred by the devil.”
The word for trade, rekullah is also translated slander, it means to go about in order to traffic something against someone, or to slander, or to try and destroy someone’s reputation by trafficking gossip and slander.
It indicates that going about among the angels which was necessary for Satan to do to secure their allegiance to his program of rebellion and conspiracy against God.
In this one context however, God records the origin, the estate, the character, and the sin of the greatest of angels.
One of the reasons is simply because he wants us to see the devastating effects of arrogance and pride.
PRO 8:13 “Respect for the Lord is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way, And the perverted mouth, I hate.”
ISA 13:11 Thus I will punish the world for its evil, And the wicked for their iniquity; I will also put an end to the arrogance of the proud,
- Through the degenerating power of sin, Satan, as did Adam, became an entirely different being from that which God created.
- When God creates a being to fulfill a certain purpose, that being must be a perfect fulfillment of that divine pattern.
- This is why we need to identify the purpose for which Satan was created and evaluate the qualities which were his in view of that purpose.
- By his sin, he lost his original holiness and heavenly position but he retains his wisdom and his beauty and he has turned his surpassing abilities into ways of evil.
- Satan’s office was originally to protect the Throne of God and to forbid the approach of evil or any unrighteousness.
- The unrighteousness found in Satan was the sin of independence and self-exaltation.
- Satan is said to have been upon the Holy Mountain of God as the Anointed Cherub that covereth and therefore, appears to have been the great High Priest of his realm.
- Satan also appears to have been the highest angel and therefore the King over his creation.
- Finally; he was perfect in all his ways, and apparently continued so for a length of time.
He was rule over the creation under the authority of God, in
GEN 1:26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
- Therefore, after the fall of Adam, when no other created being could be found to fulfill this function, the Lord Jesus Christ came forth from the Godhead to become a member of the human race and to fulfill all three functions, prophet, priest, and king.
It was, therefore, necessary first to put away the iniquity of those who should be saved.
The government which Christ will take upon His shoulders appears to be exactly identical with that which was once committed to Satan and the original order of things will begin to be restored in Christ’s Millennial kingdom.