Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
Understanding the depths of El Shadday, the God of many breasts.
Tuesday, February 12, 2002
Jehovah, JHWH [ hw:hy ] = personal name of each member of the Trinity. Elohim = the name of God from the standpoint of His attributes.
When JHWH [ hw:hy ] occurred in the O. T., the Jews substituted ADONAI; they considered JHWH [ hw:hy ] such a sacred name that they wouldnt even pronounce it.
Three persons are called JHWH [ hw:hy ] : the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
The Father is called JHWH [ hw:hy ] or Jehovah, ISA 64:8.
The Son is called Jehovah, JHWH [ hw:hy ], ISA 45:21.
ISA 45:21 "Declare and set forth your case; Indeed, let them consult together. Who has announced this from of old? Who has long since declared it? Is it not I, the LORD? And there is no other God besides Me, A righteous God and a Savior; There is none except Me.
The Holy Spirit is called JHWH [ hw:hy ], ISA 11:2.
ACT 4:12 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven [Jesus Christ] that has been given among men, by which we must be saved."
EPH 4:30 - the Holy Spirit is called THEOS or God, "Furthermore, stop grieving the Holy Spirit, the God."
GEN 17:1 Now when Abram was ninety-nine years old, Jehovah [ hw:hy ] [TLJC] appeared to Abram.
Turn to 2TI 4:6
ROM 8:31-32 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?
"I" = "ani" - in the proleptic position = "I, even I am," or "as for me, I am."
almighty God = el shadday
El is used for God and His power.
Shadday is a plural word from shad, and shad in the singular form refers to a womans breast.
"I even I am omnipotent God of many breasts."
The shad or the "many breasts" analogy is used for grace provision and for logistical grace.
God helps the helpless.
The justice of God is free to act in the light of human helplessness, but that does not exist as long as you try to do things on your own and solve your problems with human solutions.
GEN 49:25 - breasts = fruitfulness and that the children given by Gods grace will be fed, well cared for, and will grow to maturity as they should.
EXO 29:27 - the breast of the sacrificed animal was to be used as a wave offering to indicate the believers love and affection toward God.
SOS 1:13 - the breasts = a picture of the perfect love, sweetness, and satisfaction which exists between the Lord and the children of God.
SOS 4:5 - breasts - remind us of the sufficiency, devotion, and activity of the love of the children of God for the Lord Jesus Christ.
SOS 8:8 - breasts = a peculiar picture of the fact that the Christian may lose his love and affection for the bridegroom, TLJC.
It also can refer to a bride who is very young and who has not yet learned to love, worship, and adore as she should.
ISA 60:16 - breasts = Gods people obtaining the best and richest treasures of their enemies.
ISA 60:16 "You will also suck the milk of nations, And will suck the breast of kings; Then you will know that I, the Lord, am your Savior, And your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob."
ISA 66:11 - breasts = the abundant blessings of God.
REV 15:6 - breasts = loyalty, love, and devotion.
Anthropopathism = a device of divine revelation which explains divine policy in terms of mans frame of reference.
An anthropopathism ascribes a human characteristic to God which God does not actually possess, but is used to explain Gods policy, Gods manner of operating, in terms of a human frame of reference.
An anthropomorphism ascribes to God human forms of the body which God does not actually possess, but is used to explain Gods policy, Gods manner of operating, in terms of a human frame of reference.
1. Arms = Gods might and power. DEU 33:27. The eternal God is a dwelling place, And underneath are the everlasting arms; And He drove out the enemy from before you, And said, "Destroy!"
2. Hands - PSA 8:6 Thou dost make him to rule over the works of Thy hands; Thou hast put all things under his feet,
3. Eyes - describe the omniscience of God. GEN 6:8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD. 4. The ears of God - His patience and longsuffering by listening to us. PSA 34:15. The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous, And His ears are open to their cry.
5. Nostrils - connote discernment and discipline. JOB 41:20 Out of his nostrils smoke goes forth, As from a boiling pot and burning rushes.
6. The mouth of God - the communication of doctrine. 1KI 8:15 And he said, Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, who spoke with His mouth to my father David and has fulfilled it with His hand, saying, 7. Breath from His mouth - His anger and wrath. 2TH 2:8 And then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming;
8. The heart of God - brain function. EZE 28:6 Therefore, thus says the Lord GOD, "Because you have made your heart like the heart of God,"
9. The finger of God - the work of God. EXO 8:19 Then the magicians said to Pharaoh, "This is the finger of God." But Pharaohs heart was hardened, and he did not listen to them, as the LORD had said. 10. The feet of God - the perfect control God has over all creation. ACT 7:49 "Heaven is My throne, And earth is the footstool of My feet; What kind of house will you build for Me?" says the Lord; "Or what place is there for My repose?"
Grace Bible Church All Rights Reserved Robert R. McLaughlin 2002