Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
For this is the word of promise: "At this time I will come, and Sarah shall have a son. Part 4.".
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Once again, the first word in this sentence is the instrumental noun Pistei which should be translated "By means of doctrine resident in the soul“
And then the conjunction "kai" is very interesting because most of the time it is translated "and" but here it is correctly translated "even" Sarah
Because when the Bible teaches something contrary to public opinion, the Bible is always right!
However, here comes controversial statement number 2, It is very difficult for a woman to reach spiritual maturity because basically she is a responder and she has more distractions than a man who is not basically a responder except for those men out of their roles.
1CO 11:3 But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ.
1CO 11:7 For a man ought not to have his head covered, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man.
1CO 11:9 for indeed man was not created for the woman’s sake, but woman for the man’s sake.
So, being a responder instinctively, she is more sensitive to the distractions of life.
Remember that the Bible teaches that the winner’s name is recorded in the permanent historical record section because of his invisible historical impact during the Church Age, REV 3:12a.
REV 3:12 "The winner, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God. Furthermore, he will never again vanish [go outside] from history. Also I will emblazon on him the title of My God, and the name of the city of My God the new Jerusalem, which shall descend from heaven from My God; also My new title [King of kings, Lord of lords, bright morning star]."
The temple of God is the eternal record center in the future.
This temple of God will be the historical textbook of the true heros of history.
In fact, in GAL 2:9 the mature believer is currently called a pillar of the church.
2TI 3:6 calls these men "silly women who are loaded down with sins and lead on by their multifarious lusts"
The reason why silly women can also refer to men is that the noun "gunaikaria" translated silly women is in the neuter and it can refer to males or females.
The woman in response becomes aggressive.
And we are going to see this in our visible hero Sarah.
And by the way, the man being the aggressor does not have to initiate on every occasion.
If you are a true responder ladies, there will be some aggressiveness in your soul!
Sarah is only mentioned four times in the New Testament.
1. Under the authority of her right man who is advancing spiritually.
So she follows her right man who is under the authority of a pastor-teacher who is given to equip the saints for the work of the ministry, EPH 4:12.
2. The second way is that the woman does not have a right man, or lost her right man, or her right man has N.V.T.D., therefore, she must recognize the authority of her pastor-teacher.
HEB 13:7 "Remember those who rule over you, who communicate the Word from God to you; carefully consider the issue of their way of life; imitate their doctrine."
HEB 13:17 "Keep obeying those [pastors] who themselves are ruling over you, and submit to their authority, for they keep watch over your souls, as those who will render an account. Keep obeying them, in order that they may do this [accounting] with happiness and not with groaning, for this is unprofitable for you."
And let me tell something else, women are much more "personality conscious" then men are.
1. Where they recognize the authority of their pastor-teacher and they recognize that it is a spiritual authority that relates to the communication of Bible doctrine and the teaching of doctrine.
2. Secondly, where they recognize the authority of their right man and follow him in his P.V.T.D.
And, as one man said to me this week, there’s a fine line between manliness and male chauvinism and these type of women can distinguish between that fine line!
Sarah was a rebel type woman.
Now, notice she is called Sarrha which is different than Sarai because it means princess and obviously she has advanced from Sarai to Sarah or nagger, bitch, to princess!
1. She grew up in a Semitic society where having male children and perpetuating the line was extremely important and she was barren!
2. A second problem she had was that she was brilliant and beautiful, and therefore she was the target of a lot of female jealousy!
Jealousy is older than the human race because jealousy existed in eternity past when Lucifer, the son of the morning, became jealous of God.
The first case of jealousy in the human race
surfaced when Cain became jealous of his brother Abel.
1JO 3:15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer; and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.
PRIN 1. Jealousy is a mental attitude sin which demands exclusive devotion and is intolerant of competition.
2. It is discontent with the blessings, successes, or status symbols of other people.
3. It is resentment of the attractiveness or approbation that a person receives.
4. It is also total selfishness and is incapable of love.
5. Jealousy is a possessiveness which suppresses the volition of another person; hence, jealousy is tyranny.
6. Jealousy is also fear.
It was called in England the "Morbidly Jealous Murderer"