Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin
Tree of Life
The beginning of the Shekinah glory and the glory of the Lord known as the Shakan.
We have begun to note a major doctrine that is extremely important and that is the Doctrine of THE BIG GENUFLEX.
Point 1. Definition and Description.
2CO 5:10, For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
REV 22:12-14, “Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city.”
Point 2. Jesus Christ has Three Categories of Royalty.
Divine Royalty. He is coequal with the other members of the Trinity. His title is “Son of God.”
Jewish Royalty. Mary is descended from Nathan; Joseph from Solomon. His title is “Son of David.”
Battlefield Royalty. The first and second royalties combine to form a third royalty at the Cross.
Battlefield royalty which explains our Lord’s new royal title which is revealed in Scripture, as being “King of kings and Lord of lords.”
Since we are in the book of Revelation. We begin in REV 1:1-7, The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond‑servants, the things which must shortly take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond‑servant John, who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near. John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace, from Him who is and who was and who is to come; and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne; and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the first‑born of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us, and released us from our sins by His blood, and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father; to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. Even so. Amen
REV 5:10, And Thou hast made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth.”
We also noted the works of the Beast in REV 17:14, “These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful.”
REV 19:16, And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”
Remember this principle, more is said about this time in human history than any other time in all of human history.
Point 3. At the Big Genuflex, we will acknowledge Christ’s battlefield royalty.
Now, the big Genuflex is the moment of maximum +H which is perpetuated forever. It is followed by the Judgment Seat of Christ. And we make that happiness meaningful by receiving our eternal rewards and decorations.
So, the big Genuflex, our acknowledgment of Christ in eternity, will be the greatest moment of worship in history, full of great singing. In time, we acknowledge Christ by our daily intake of doctrine. In the eternal state, we will acknowledge Him through our worship. Now, something very interesting is said about our Lord in PHI 2:10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, The phrase that “every knee should bow” is the recognition of the celebrity ship of Christ by both believers and unbelievers. This is a reference to unbelievers who did not do it the easy way.
The easy way is through the communication of doctrine by the pastor-teacher to his congregation, so that they can reach super-grace and occupation with the Person of Christ, our unique Celebrity. The hard way is described as the unbeliever on his knees at the end of time.
The unbeliever has rejected Jesus Christ. He has used the Name of Christ in profanity and derision. Or he has ridiculed Him or has been passive and indifferent toward Him. But the time will come when the Celebrity ship of Christ will be manifest to all creatures in the universe.
PHI 2:11, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
God the Father had a plan that He made billions and billions of years ago—sometime in eternity past. And the epitome of the expression of God’s Plan is the God-Man-Savior.
Prin: A perfect Plan from a perfect Father glorifies a perfect Son.
His Plan was that all creatures would come to recognize the Celebrity ship of Christ. First of all, by the Gospel, leading a person to Phase One (salvation). Next by reaching super-grace in Phase Two (the believer in time), we are now able to glorify the Lord. Now, where does this leave believers who are ignorant of doctrine and who do not recognize the Celebrity ship of Christ? They are completely missing out on the Plan of God for their lives, and thus they are losing out on the greatest and most wonderful blessing life can offer! And this need not be the case in any believer’s life. Christ CAN become a reality NOW through doctrine.
COL 3:13-17, bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. And beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.
Beginning with doctrine, He is the grace source of everything we have of value. Were it not for Jesus Christ, we would have nothing and be nothing. Bible doctrine in the soul counteracts the old sin nature, demon influence and every other adverse circumstance in life. It is the basis for reaching the capacity to love. And when we have maximum capacity for Category One love under super-grace living, then we have a new focus, a new concentration, a new motivation, a new happiness—in short, we have a fantastic life!
As for unbelievers, before they get to the Lake of Fire, they will recognize and finally acknowledge, the hard way, that Jesus Christ is the ONLY CELEBRITY of the universe. Even unbelievers are going to hell on their knees saying “JESUS IS LORD!
Prin-There is nothing greater that a believer can do during the course of this life than to live in the sphere of the Celebrity ship of Jesus Christ—the highest status in experiential Christianity!
We also need to note The Necessity for the Humanity of Christ. Why did Christ have to become a human being? Here are 8 reasons.
- Jesus Christ became true humanity to fulfill the will of God the Father, HEB 5:1-14, For every high priest taken from among men is appointed on behalf of men in things pertaining to God, in order to offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins; he can deal gently with the ignorant and misguided, since he himself also is beset with weakness; and because of it he is obligated to offer sacrifices for sins, as for the people, so also for himself. And no one takes the honor to himself, but receives it when he is called by God, even as Aaron was. So also Christ did not glorify Himself so as to become a high priest, but He who said to Him, “Thou art My Son, Today I have begotten Thee”; just as He says also in another passage, “Thou art a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek.” In the days of His flesh, He offered up both prayers and supplications with loud crying and tears to the One able to save Him from death, and He was heard because of His piety. Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered. And having been made perfect, He became to all those who obey Him the source of eternal salvation, being designated by God as a high priest according to the order of Melchizedek. Concerning him we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing. For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the oracles of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food. For everyone who partakes only of milk is not accustomed to the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.
- Jesus Christ had to become true humanity to be the Savior of the world, PHI 2:7-8; HEB 2:14-15. In PHI 2:7-8, Jesus Christ emptied Himself or denied Himself of the proper use of His deity, taking the form of a bond‑servant, and being made in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. As God, Jesus Christ could not have anything to do with sin except judge and reject sin. Sovereignty cannot die. Sovereignty cannot be reduced into one place. Eternal life cannot die, and physical death was necessary for our Lord’s resurrection. Only humanity could bear our sins.So, Jesus Christ had to become true humanity and perfect humanity in order to receive the imputation and judgment of our sins on the Cross. 1PE 2:24, and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.
- Jesus Christ had to become true humanity to be the mediator between God and man, JOB 9:2,32-33; 1TI 2:5-6. He had to be equal with both God and mankind to be a mediator between both parties. Jesus Christ is different than God in the sense that He is also man. Jesus Christ is different than man in the sense that He is also God. Therefore, Jesus Christ had to be both undiminished deity and true humanity in one person forever. JOB 9:2-3, In truth I know that this is so but how can a man be in the right before God? If one wished to dispute with Him, He could not answer Him once in a thousand times.JOB 9:32-33, For He is not a man as I am that I may answer Him, that we may go to court together. There is no umpire between us, Who may lay his hand upon us both.1TI 2:5-6, For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony borne at the proper time.
- Jesus Christ had to become true humanity to be a High Priest for the ENTIRE human race. If He was going to represent man to God, He must be equal to both parties.
- Jesus Christ had to become true humanity to be a Priest for the human race; 1PE 2:5-9, you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. For this is contained in Scripture: “Behold I lay in Zion a choice stone, a precious corner stone, And he who believes in Him shall not be disappointed.” This precious value, then, is for you who believe. But for those who disbelieve, “The stone which the builders rejected, This became the very corner stone,” and, “A stone of stumbling and a rock of offense”; for they stumble because they are disobedient to the word, and to this doom they were also appointed. But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;A priest must be a man in order to represent man before God.
- Jesus Christ became true humanity to be our high priest after the order (or pattern) of Melchizedek, HEB 7:4-5,14, 28; 10:5, 10-14, having no beginning and no end. HEB 7:4, Now observe how great this man was to whom Abraham, the patriarch, gave a tenth of the choicest spoils. This is a reference to the fact that Abraham gave one-tenth of all his money and blessings to Melchizedek to thank him for his doctrinal teaching illustrating reciprocity is for today.HEB 7:5 And those indeed of the sons of Levi who receive the priest’s office have commandment in the Law to collect a tenth from the people, that is, from their brethren, although these are descended from Abraham.HEB 7:14, For it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah, a tribe with reference to which Moses spoke nothing concerning priests.HEB 7:28, For the Law appoints men as high priests who are weak, but the word of the oath, which came after the Law, appoints a Son, made perfect forever.
HEB 10:5, Therefore, when He comes into the world, He says, “Sacrifice and offering Thou hast not desired, But a body Thou hast prepared for Me;
In HEB 10:10-15, By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. And every priest stands daily ministering and offering time after time the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins; but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, sat down at the right hand of God, waiting from that time onward until His enemies be made a footstool for His feet. For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified.
- Jesus Christ had to become true humanity to be a king and rule forever; REV 1:1-9, The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond‑servants, the things which must shortly take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond‑servant John, who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near. John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace, from Him who is and who was and who is to come; and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne; and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the first‑born of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us, and released us from our sins by His blood, and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father; to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. Even so. Amen. “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, I, John, your brother and fellow partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance which are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos, because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.REV 5:10, “And Thou hast made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth.”REV 17:14, “These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful.”
REV 19:16 And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”
- Finally He had to be the son of David to fulfill the Davidic covenant to Israel, PSA 89:20-37; 2SA 7:8-16. PSA 89:20-37, “I have found David My servant; With My holy oil I have anointed him, With whom My hand will be established; My arm also will strengthen him. The enemy will not deceive him, Nor the son of wickedness afflict him. But I shall crush his adversaries before him, And strike those who hate him. And My faithfulness and My lovingkindness will be with him, And in My name his horn will be exalted. I shall also set his hand on the sea, And his right hand on the rivers. He will cry to Me, ‘Thou art my Father, My God, and the rock of my salvation.’ also shall make him My first‑born, The highest of the kings of the earth. My lovingkindness I will keep for him forever, And My covenant shall be confirmed to him. So I will establish his descendants forever, And his throne as the days of heaven. If his sons forsake My law, And do not walk in My judgments, If they violate My statutes, And do not keep My commandments, Then I will visit their transgression with the rod, And their iniquity with stripes. But I will not break off My lovingkindness from him, Nor deal falsely in My faithfulness. My covenant I will not violate, Nor will I alter the utterance of My lips. Once I have sworn by My holiness; I will not lie to David. His descendants shall endure forever, And his throne as the sun before Me. It shall be established forever like the moon, And the witness in the sky is faithful.” Selah.2SA 7:7-16, “Wherever I have gone with all the sons of Israel, did I speak a word with one of the tribes of Israel, which I commanded to shepherd My people Israel, saying, ‘Why have you not built Me a house of cedar?’ Now therefore, thus you shall say to My servant David, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts,” I took you from the pasture, from following the sheep, that you should be ruler over My people Israel. And I have been with you wherever you have gone and have cut off all your enemies from before you; and I will make you a great name, like the names of the great men who are on the earth. I will also appoint a place for My people Israel and will plant them, that they may live in their own place and not be disturbed again, nor will the wicked afflict them any more as formerly, even from the day that I commanded judges to be over My people Israel; and I will give you rest from all your enemies. The Lord also declares to you that the Lord will make a house for you. When your days are complete and you lie down with your fathers, I will raise up your descendant after you, who will come forth from you, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. I will be a father to him and he will be a son to Me; when he commits iniquity, I will correct him with the rod of men and the strokes of the sons of men, but My lovingkindness shall not depart from him, as I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from before you. And your house and your kingdom shall endure before Me forever; your throne shall be established forever.”Now I purposely gave you all of those passages to set you up for what we are about to note and enjoy immensely in detail. We need to correlate the eight reasons why our Lord had to become a member of the human race and how all eight reasons are needed to understand the difference between the glory of the Shekinah glory and the glory of the shakan. This means that all of you must understand the manifestation of the glory of the Lord through a Theophany or through the cloud in the daytime and the pillar of fire during the night time. So, the question is are you ready to make the distinction between the glory of God within and the glory of God without.COL 2:6-10, As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude. See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ. For in Him all the fulness of Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority;
Now, when COL 2:9 states, “For in him all the fulness of deity dwells in bodily form.” The main word here that describes the word fulness is the Greek noun pleroma which has a very definite meaning in the word of God which means complete in itself; complete in quota; complete in quality; complete in duration. Here fullness is used to refer to the Deity of Christ. As God, the LORD Jesus Christ is totally complete in Himself. He possesses the very same amount of attributes as God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. As God, He is complete in quality which means He possesses the same essence as God. Now, here is where we will begin to see the difference between the indwelling of the Lord Jesus Christ as the shekinah glory within the believer which cannot be seen and then the glory of the Lord known as the shakan that can be seen in different manifestations. And as God, the LORD Jesus Christ is complete in duration, which means He has always been God and will always be God.
COL 2:9, For “in him” all the fulness of deity dwells in bodily form.
God the Son has the exact essence of God. And “in Him” resides forever all the essence of God,
Because Jesus Christ is God! And you are in union with the LORD Jesus Christ Who is the eternal God. He provides the security. He provides the freedom. And because we are in union with Him, we are free in the most absolute sense of the word.