|Grace Bible Church|
Tree of Life
A Weekly Review
Week ending 062815
The Greatness and Glory of the Word of God. Part 2.We have begun a study of Psalm 119 which is what is known as an Acrostic Psalm. This is a filing system that the Jews developed from the Hebrew alphabet with every letter having a special significance and meaning.
The first letter of the Hebrew alphabet is called Aleph and it looks like this in the Hebrew a and to the Jews aleph represented an Ox and signifies prosperity as found in the Word of God, mentioned in PSA 119:1-8. Actually the bull is really an ox and in the Bible it symbolized Jesus Christ, who would redeem mankind from the slave market of sin by means of His substitutionary spiritual death for sin.
Under the Mosaic Law, the bull and ox were used for Burnt Offerings, Peace Offerings, and Sin Offerings. So, under the principle of an acrostic Psalm as a filing system, the first eight verses all begin with the first letter of the Hebrew Alphabet which is known as the letter Aleph - equivalent to our letter A in the English alphabet.
The letter Bet represents that no matter what we face in life we are inside the house, or inside the plan of God, and we have a godly provision or spiritual provision for our problems. So the Bet file is God’s plan for the believer in time (or in his house) to survive difficulties of life.
PSA 119:9, How can a young man keep his way pure?
Now why does a young man need to keep his way pure or literally cleanse his way? The reasons are the fact that there on many attacks made on the believer. There are a lot of false teachers out there who say things like: All you have to do is believe in Jesus Christ and all your problems will be solved! When in reality, If you believe in Jesus Christ, your problems have just begun, GAL 5:17 For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please.
Most attacks that the believer goes through are subtle because we normally prepare for a direct attack, but remember the real art behind warfare is deception and therefore there is an indirect attack. In Psalm 119:9, a man in prison as a slave is wondering how to keep himself from being defiled. Note that his volition is involved. Here is a young man victimized by all types of sin including sexual sins and anger and bitterness and he is looking for a provision. The real issue is How can he keep his soul clean though his body is being defiled and abused?
The soul is the place of integrity even though the body is being abused. So this verse is literally saying PSA 119:9, How can a young man keep his way pure?
And then he states the answer, By keeping it according to Thy word.
The Hebrew verb shama means to guard and protect…he guards and protects his life with the word of God, just like many of you are doing right now! He guards his life by learning doctrine. He protects his life by governmental doctrine, what we have been noting as Theandric action.
So we are to guard and protect our soul in the plan of God and for the mobilization of the plan of God which is our soul or our house, according to the bet file which reveals the plan of God. Remember that Satan is not a promoter for immorality, but for false ideas in human soul. The Adamic nature in us loves knowledge but not wisdom because wisdom or metabolize doctrine crucifies him. That’s why Theandric action is so important.
Since the beginning of the Church-age, Christians have struggled with the dilemma of representing the infinite God to finite mankind through vessels of clay. This is the process of Theandric action, whereby Christians are able to manifest the true nature of God in their mortal bodies within the Body of Christ and to a lost and dying world.
Most Christians never experience Theandric action, because they ignorantly live in the effects of the Fall of man, known as the character of the old Adamic nature in their mentality, as they fulfill selfish and vain ambition.
When the personality of the Father is operational in the believer’s life, through the filling of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God, which is the mind of Christ, the possibilities of experiencing Christ’s victory are limitless.
The disciples were described as having turned the world upside down because of their tremendous influence in evangelizing the nations. This sheds light on the heart attitude of Jesus as He prayed, JOH 17:21, That they all may be one; as thou Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us, that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.”
It must be emphasized that Theandric action does not mean losing our individuality or creative capacity, nor does it imply that our sin nature can ever be eradicated. In 1Co 15:l0 Paul said, “I labored more abundantly than them all, yet not I, but the grace of God that was in me.” Paul never lost his individuality, yet he operated in the power of God’s disposition throughout his ministry.
Truth concerning the invisible God can only be imparted to natural men by those Christians who understand and live in the appropriation of the principle of Theandric action. You will see that, as the Christian faces every situation in life in the power of Theandric action, the nature of God will be revealed to the world.
Through the ministry of the Holy Spirit, all human problems and failures can be transformed into victories for the believer who, in courage and faith, applies this principle. It is my sincere desire that this series in Psa 119 will challenge you to experience the victory of Christ in every detail of life through the process of Theandric action.
PSA 119:9, How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Thy word.
Ezra has to keep making one decision for sure in the bet file and that equals rebound. Remember the abuse he took, which included sexual abuse according to biblical scholars who master in Isagogics, could promote perverseness in the future so he constantly makes a decision to confess the sin he was forced into. So he says in PSA 119:10, “With all my heart I have sought Thee; Do not let me wander from Thy commandments.” The first word in the sentence is bakaal which means with all my heart. Ezra understands grace - doctrine becomes ineffective and neutralized when we don’t understand and orient our lives to grace.
Notice what Ezra seeks from God with all my heart I have sought Thee; all his heart refers to the essence of his soul.
In DEU 10:12-14, “And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require from you, but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways and love Him, and to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to keep the Lord’s commandments and His statutes which I am commanding you today for your good? Behold, to the Lord your God belong heaven and the highest heavens, the earth and all that is in it.”
So many think God won’t require works for them to fulfill their vows, but that is not what the word of God teaches, PSA 10:13,Why has the wicked spurned God? He has said to himself, “Thou wilt not require it.”
In the Doctrine of Requirement we have the following principles.
1. God is for capital punishment and therefore requires a life for a life even before the law was given, GEN 9:5, “And surely I will require your lifeblood; from every beast I will require it. And from every man, from every man’s brother I will require the life of man.”
2. The Lord requires from us: a. To be occupied with Him. b. To be governed by His doctrine. c. To love and to serve Him. d. To have all five parts of our soul in complete submission to Him. All 5 parts of the soul including emotion, self conscious, volition, mentality and conscience.
DEU 10:12, “And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require from you, but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways and love Him, and to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
4. God will require you to fulfill any vow that you have made to Him or His people, DEU 23:21, “When you make a vow to the Lord your God, you shall not delay to pay it, for it would be sin in you, and the Lord your God will surely require it of you.”
5. Only the wicked think God will not require anything, PSA 10:13.
7. God will require the flock of the shepherd to be fed or else remove the flock from the shepherd and blessings also, EZE 34:10, Thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I am against the shepherds, and I shall demand My sheep from them and make them cease from feeding sheep. So the shepherds will not feed themselves anymore, but I shall deliver My flock from their mouth, that they may not be food for them.”
8. The Lord requires from the Christian three things: To operate in justice. To love mercy, i.e., grace in action. To humbly walk with Him. MIC 6:8, He has told you, O’ man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, And to walk humbly with your God? Notice that Humility is walking with God.
9. Pleasure seekers, those that trust in riches and carnal security, will be required by God for their attitude of soul, LUK 12:17-21, “And he began reasoning to himself, saying, ‘What shall I do, since I have no place to store my crops?’ And he said, ‘This is what I will do: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. ‘And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years to come; take your ease, eat, drink and be merry.”’ But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your soul is required of you; and now who will own what you have prepared?’ So is the man who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.”
10. The more doctrine you learn the more committed you are the more shall be required of you, LUK 12:48, “but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. And from everyone who has been given much shall much be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.”